SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

One of my biggest disappointments this year is not getting to find out if the offensive issues the last couple years was more of a Tommy thing or an OC thing.

i bet we will see a little of Tommy in the big10 this year as it sure seems like he is 2nd string and we will sure get to see plenty of Danny this year.

I’m also gaining excitement in this years team.. some great recent articles by Tom miller.. football 360 podcast etc.  many things to be excited about while also concerned about the general youth of the team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

One of my biggest disappointments this year is not getting to find out if the offensive issues the last couple years was more of a Tommy thing or an OC thing.

i bet we will see a little of Tommy in the big10 this year as it sure seems like he is 2nd string and we will sure get to see plenty of Danny this year.

I’m also gaining excitement in this years team.. some great recent articles by Tom miller.. football 360 podcast etc.  many things to be excited about while also concerned about the general youth of the team. 

Is Danny in a place where he makes all calls?

The article does give me some optimism too about the Defensive. Man if we still had those 3 OL I think we could been cooking this year. 

Interesting take on thr QB, but I don't necessarily see it as a bad thing. Jerry is still relatively young, Trey has had some time in the program and when we first recruited him many thought he would be 'the guy'. Romfo just seems to be a winner and does what it takes to be successful. A good guy to have in the mix and I hope he sees more live action this year where he is running the full offense to see what he can do in a game situation....even if it's in mop up duty. 

Good questions and great article by Tom!

20 hours ago, GoodGood said:

Sorry Tommy was not a top 3 QB last year. Mark, Cam, Annexstad were the All Conference QBs last year. 4-7 I’d say is average. 8-11 below average. Where will our QB fall this year? 

All MVFC his junior year. Walter Payton watch list his senior year. 

Getting into the top 3 is going to be tough this year with what SDSU NDSU and USD have coming back. I'd take average this year with a look at a big step up next year. 

7 minutes ago, Kab said:

Would like to know how much tampering went  0n with our transfers 

I’m so sick of this “tampering” excuse. As if this hasn’t been going on for many many years in college athletics. It happens in the workplace. It’s life. Get over it. 

• Upvote 1

that first throw on daybyday video was romfo?  that wasn't an easy swing throw to the rb in the flat......very confident throw.

on anohter note....its time to retire the daybyday phrase...it's laughable at this point.

and....speaking of qb's......talking to z and q and the new coaches is nice but the million dollar quiestion is who will start at qb in ames...didn't even broach the subject.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

I’m so sick of this “tampering” excuse. As if this hasn’t been going on for many many years in college athletics. It happens in the workplace. It’s life. Get over it. 

Didn’t say it hasn’t been going on’ just curious , not looking at excuses 

you need to get over yourself 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that first throw on daybyday video was romfo?  that wasn't an easy swing throw to the rb in the flat......very confident throw.

on anohter note....its time to retire the daybyday phrase...it's laughable at this point.

and....speaking of qb's......talking to z and q and the new coaches is nice but the million dollar quiestion is who will start at qb in ames...didn't even broach the subject.

is there some sort of entitlement that anyone gets to know who starts?

52 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

is there some sort of entitlement that anyone gets to know who starts?

no...but to not even mention that someone is going to be starting their first college game against a fbs team on the road in front of 60k plus.....but hey i'm no tarantino so let's interview the deuce gruden doppelganger and show all the fancy stadiums he has coached in....just sayin

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

who actually does name starters............the position coach, bubba, or committee style?

I would think the OC would be the primary and tell head coach who he thinks it should be but HC makes final decision. Saying that in this case because Bubba was defensive coach. If Fruend became head coach, I'm thinking he would be the main one, but OC would still of course give their  input. In the end the HC always makes final decisions on who starts. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I enjoy winning, but maybe that’s just me. 

Me as well. I’ve been very critical of the program in recent years and have my doubts for the year. I have a feeling I will get very frustrated this year. Doesn’t mean I can’t have fun and enjoy watching my team play.  I choose not to piss and moan all the time.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I would think the OC would be the primary and tell head coach who he thinks it should be but HC makes final decision. Saying that in this case because Bubba was defensive coach. If Fruend became head coach, I'm thinking he would be the main one, but OC would still of course give their  input. In the end the HC always makes final decisions on who starts. 

am/was hoping that with bubba's career winning % that he would at some point delegate more authority to a guy that actually had a cup of tea in the nfl and let that guy have more control over who starts at certain positions....

the old bill parcells......if your gonna call me up in winona and ask me to cook you lasagna...lemme choose the ingredients that go into the lasagna