SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Why not?  Because he's a PWO?  Kid is showing he's a winner.  

Competition in practice is good.

But, the other 2 are better and give us a better chance to win in real games IMO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Why not?  Because he's a PWO?  Kid is showing he's a winner.  

Tommy is holding on line 3 for you......

• Like 1

The OC has to go with whoever wins the fall QB battle in order to maintain his integrity as a coach.  And hopefully the other QB's will continue to push even harder for the starting job so that they're ready if and when their number is called (due to injury, subpar performance, whatever).

Unless Romfo is head and shoulders above the other two, I don't think he gets named as the starter and I do think him being a PWO vs what are thought of as more highly touted guys,  does subconsciously play a factor in that even though it may not be fair.  Since the new OC wasn't involved in recruiting any of them though he may be more open to it. 

If Romfo doesn't end up being the starter, at least if he gets in the could run the regular offense and have him throw some so the defenses couldn't just stack the box against him running only. 

If his passing is pretty close to on par with they other two, and he is a much better runner....might be hard to keep him off the field. 

If we are down by 20 at half in the first game and not looking great on offense I hope they give the next guy, or the next two guys a shot to see what they can do in a game. 

18 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Haven't seen that from Dennis in a while. Very nice.

The ball moved; it'd be ruled incomplete from that angle because of the UND helmet. ;) 

In a game what the ref called would be upheld. 

49 minutes ago, AJS said:

1. lots of excitement......oddly almost too much??

2. ball had loft that Tommy can only dream about

3. Dennis looks pretty thin, hopefully he can hold up

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The ball moved; it'd be ruled incomplete from that angle because of the UND helmet. ;) 

In a game what the ref called would be upheld. 

It moved but looked to me like he had his hand unde the ball and it didn't touch the ground. Would need a better slowmo angle to be sure either way. Agree though good chance may hsve gotten ruled incomplete though initially. 

26 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

We also haven't seen a ball thrown like that in a couple years! Going to be fun!!

I’l have to watch it again. I was so focused on the catch. All of the returning QBs have had pretty good arms and loft this fall; getting a clean pocket to throw and accuracy have been more of a challenge for them. For all 5 of the QBs for that matter.  You’re right, though; should be fun!

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Kab said:

Sounds like 3 QBs in the running to be starter

how do you choose1 without pissing off the other 2 

Can hope that these guys are team players. Sad how times have changed in that it is assumed that players who are #2 or #3 will look to transfer. 

• Upvote 1

Having an abundance of skilled viable options right now is a blessing. 

First QB starter not named "Schuster" since 2019 <-- kinda glad to have options and not "eggs in one basket" 

• Like 2

I can see both QBs playing and Romfo in some situations with Q playing QB in short yardage situations and with some passing options.

OK, call me crazy .

Montana already said they will be playing 2 QBs

just hope the new o coordinator mixes things up a little.