SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

20 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I am looking forward to the opening night games vs the Griz (with half of seats I've had for 2+ decades) but after that we'll see.

Will be a fun environment!

7 hours ago, zonadub said:

Good thing Schweigert is a defensive-minded coach…

Well…

… at lest there’s consistent inconsistency.

Recruiting and game-planning are definitely important, but need to be able to motivate also. Styles can differ in how to do that, but ultimately need to get that done. Not sure this generation of student-athletes will garner much, if any motivation at all, from current voice of UND football. 

• Upvote 1

Don't think I've heard Kliens name in Any of Miller's write ups. Hopefully he is fully healthy, seems like he was always dinged up. With a year under his belt at TE Q might turn into a solid recieving threat for us this year, sounds like he's had some red zone TD's. 

UND "hit well with the lower level transfers," per Tom Miller in his GFH  weekly newsletter today. LB transfers will help, per his assessment, and says d-line transfers have impressed in 11-on-11 drills. He also speculated Hawks will pull the redshirt from Deng Deng.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, SooToo said:

UND "hit well with the lower level transfers," per Tom Miller in his GFH  weekly newsletter today. LB transfers will help, per his assessment, and says d-line transfers have impressed in 11-on-11 drills. He also speculated Hawks will pull the redshirt from Deng Deng.

Our WR room is sounding very very deep. Lots of good options for either Jerry or Trey. Awesome news about the Defensive transfers looking good. I'm definitely starting to get excited for the season and to see how some of these new guys perform, particularly QB. It's sounding like they are both looking good, and even Romfo. If it's pretty even, man would be a tough choice. They might both need to see some live action to really be able to tell which one stands out. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sioux94 said:

Our WR room is sounding very very deep. Lots of good options for either Jerry or Trey. Awesome news about the Defensive transfers looking good. I'm definitely starting to get excited for the season and to see how some of these new guys perform, particularly QB. It's sounding like they are both looking good, and even Romfo. If it's pretty even, man would be a tough choice. They might both need to see some live action to really be able to tell which one stands out. 

Miller did say there were two badly thrown balls that were picked off, but he didn't say who threw them. Hopefully neither Trey or Jerry. 

17 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Just spit balling here but if the WR room is so deep why would they pull the redshirt on a Freshman?

55 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Just spit balling here but if the WR room is so deep why would they pull the redshirt on a Freshman?

Whoa, tap the brakes. 

First,  current WR room is NOT deep at all. 

Second, Deng Deng is a rare and special talent at WR.

Enjoy him at UND while you can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Whoa, tap the brakes. 

Can’t confuse deep with a lot of people competing for a travel spot.

Whoa, tap the brakes. 

I was responding to Sioux94's statement about a deep WR room in an above post.  Wasn't meant as a shot at Deng.

49 minutes ago, NDRA said:

I was responding to Sioux94's statement about a deep WR room in an above post.  Wasn't meant as a shot at Deng.

Yes, I get it. The whole conversation just baffled me. 

Jack Wright departure hurts a bit.

From what little I've seen, read and heard this fall, Deng Deng is raw but instinctually has veteran tendencies, is super freakish athletically and has clearly benefitted from Bo's presence. It will be hard to keep his shirt intact this year -- especially given what's ahead of him on the depth chart and the new math in college football where NIL and loose portal rules means you may not have a gifted player for more than one year anyway.

Here is where I rank the WRs after watching them in person:

1. Bo (pre season All American)

2. Deng (true freshman)

3. Tai (red shirt fresh)

4. Dennis (junior)

5. Kupfer (junior)

6. Keegan (true freshman)

7. Hakim (redshirt fresh) 

8. DeMontagnac (junior)

9. Klein (senior)

10. Strandell (soph.)

11. Schaffner (junior)

12. Poncelot (red shirt fresh)

13. Gross (red shirt fresh)

• Upvote 1

Yes, I get it. The whole conversation just baffled me. 

Jack Wright departure hurts a bit.

From what little I've seen, read and heard this fall, Deng Deng is raw but instinctually has veteran tendencies, is super freakish athletically and has clearly benefitted from Bo's presence. It will be hard to keep his shirt intact this year -- especially given what's ahead of him on the depth chart and the new math in college football where NIL and loose portal rules means you may not have a gifted player for more than one year anyway.

Here is where I rank the WRs after watching them in person:

1. Bo (pre season All American)

2. Deng (true freshman)

3. Tai (red shirt fresh)

4. Dennis (junior)

5. Kupfer (junior)

6. Keegan (true freshman)

7. Hakim (redshirt fresh) 

8. DeMontagnac (junior)

9. Klein (senior)

10. Strandell (soph.)

11. Schaffner (junior)

12. Poncelot (red shirt fresh)

13. Gross (red shirt fresh)

nate at 8?

20 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

You disagree?  Floor is yours.

not agreeing or disagreeing....

i think he started quite a few games last year to start the year and iirc he didn't even get his first catch til mid season?

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not agreeing or disagreeing....

i think he started quite a few games last year to start the year and iirc he didn't even get his first catch til mid season?

True. He has been a practice all star in the past but has tended to fade in game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Every year people try and talk about how deep our wr group is only for them to struggle to create separation against good teams. What is different about this year exactly? I still see way too many white boys in that group. 

different oc and different qb.......let's see what happens.