SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm still a little numb from everything yet at this point and not really sure what to think. I don't feel as good about things as I did a day or two after Jake got hired, but that doesn't mean anything. He played in the NFL so he has obviously seen some things, does have OC experience. And like other have mentioned I like that he is confident enough in himself to take a shot at moving up even though he is only guaranteed one year.

He could end up being the better choice in the end, and I'm with the others that will be hoping Jake crashes and burns at SU. It would end up a bit funny if they ended up letting him go in 2-3 years and they would be kicking themselves for taking a UND guy. 

Agree 100%.. I was excited about Jake.. I think if u put up the new guys resume against Jake’s and take out the GF background for Jake we would prob be more excited about the new guy!

I think the most baffling part about this is why NDSU wanted Jake.. I have a hard time believing they don’t have a lineup of people without the UND QB background.  Seems like high risk.. low reward for NDSU.. and high risk high reward for Jake. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Kab said:

How do you get experience at anything unless someone hires you?

give the guy a chance 

in a few years some may be bitching because he is real good and may move on 

Yep, give him a chance.

UND interviewed Bubba and DeBoer.  Hired Bubba

Bubba interviewed and chose Landry over Fruechte.

See where I'm going here?

Just now, wheelsup said:

Agree 100%.. I was excited about Jake.. I think if u put up the new guys resume against Jake’s and take out the GF background for Jake we would prob be more excited about the new guy!

I think the most baffling part about this is why NDSU wanted Jake.. I have a hard time believing they don’t have a lineup of people without the UND QB background.  Seems like high risk.. low reward for NDSU.. and high risk high reward for Jake. 

It goes to show how much coaches value relationships...Polacek and Landry worked together for one season...and it's why he was hired now!

Meanwhile NDSU has a former D2 OC of the year on staff as a RB coach...and their OL coach and QB coach both have several years of OC/Head Coaching experience...just a wildly different environment...

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

If I was looking for a former UND guy, with OC experience, ... Freund?, Landry? ... why not Schleussner. Luke would be my first pick. 

I was thinking about that yesterday.  Three of the best offenses in FCS are now in the hands of ex UND OCs: 

1)  SDSU - Freund

2) NSDU - Landry

3) Idaho -  Schleusner

4 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I was thinking about that yesterday.  Three of the best offenses in FCS are now in the hands of ex UND OCs: 

1)  SDSU - Freund

2) NSDU - Landry

3) Idaho -  Schleusner

I think calling Landry an ex UND OC is kinda out there....No??

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

If I was looking for a former UND guy, with OC experience, ... Freund?, Landry? ... why not Schleussner. Luke would be my first pick. 

I highly doubt Luke would have even interviewed. Why take a lateral move when it's only a 1 year guarantee. Idaho is thought of in higher regard right now than UND, unfortunately. Now if Luke saw it as a move that could get him promoted to UND HC in short order, then maybe he would have considered it. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I highly doubt Luke would have even interviewed. Why take a lateral move when it's only a 1 year guarantee. Idaho is thought of in higher regard right now than UND, unfortunately. Now if Luke saw it as a move that could get him promoted to UND HC in short order, then maybe he would have considered it. 

Should UND perform as many on here expect in 2024...I'd hope to see Luke's name in the mix for a job in Grand Forks come 2025...I'll let the readers decide what job that would be...

1 minute ago, SooToo said:

Put me the camp that suspects that, at age 63 (this fall),  Bubba is likely to retire or transition to another job after this season.

Agree.  He has a surprisingly good season.....he walk away on a high not. If they're around .500 +/- hopefully he can read the room and just walk away.

2 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Put me the camp that suspects that, at age 63 (this fall),  Bubba is likely to retire or transition to another job after this season.

Most thought that should have been done after last season.  We'll see if that turns out to be a good/bad decision for the sake of the team/program.

The leash has to be extremely short.  Minimum one playoff win to keep his job.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

Agree.  He has a surprisingly good season.....he walk away on a high not. If they're around .500 +/- hopefully he can read the room and just walk away.

This part seems to be the problem from what I am hearing

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Kab said:

At what win loss record in 24 is bubba gone or retained

8-4 has to be the benchmark even with that schedule. Another 7 win season doesn't move the needle and .500 or worse needs a reboot.

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2024 at 1:56 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

isaac>jake>danny

IMG_0452.png

Forgive me for saying this, but who poses for a picture with his shirt and tie that disorganized?  And he needs a shave.   The picture reminds me of someone who just spent 6 hours at the office Christmas party.   I sincerely hope he coaches better than he dresses.   Color me not impressed.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Forgive me for saying this, but who poses for a picture with his shirt and tie that disorganized?  And he needs a shave.   The picture reminds me of someone who just spent 6 hours at the office Christmas party.   I sincerely hope he coaches better than he dresses.   Color me not impressed.

Would actually look better without the tie but considering how people dress, tattoos ,weird hair colors, ear rings ,etc I’m not too concerned 

‘what would bill belichick think?