SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

12 hours ago, ksixpack said:

Because the Ralph and UND hockey makes money and doesn’t share it with other sports is how we got here?  So what we need to do is set up a hockey team at NDSU and SDSU and have them sell out every game with 12,000 people and then we can compete with them again in other sports?  Can we be a bit more logical here and a a bit less petty?

its the % of money rea takes from gate  rev i think.....its what kennedy trued to redo until kem said " do you know who i am".... and that was the last time someone at und tried to challege her

• Upvote 1

How stacked is the ex UND player /assistant cupboard ?  

Which ex und player or assistant will it be to take over OC

If the rumors are true about assistants not being done jumping ship …which ex und personal will take over their duties? 

Looks like most alumni are losing interest in returning.   Can’t blame them.  So just wondering who would want to come back as und only looks that direction 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’m embarrassed for everyone involved. I won’t divulge anything specific right now, but circumstantially, this is incredibly embarrassing for UND football. 

Normally, I usually do not agree with you but you are spot on here.

Who is Billy? Is that the AD’s first name? Well it seems the AD has his beer goggles on.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Yep. A lot of regular posters are sitting out the cluster Sioux Sports has become.

You're probably correct but on a list of 50 things wrong with the FB program posters/fans feeling a fan opinion site has become a cluster comes in at #73.

Kind of like the "I don't like the mean tweets at 3 am" argument.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

its the % of money rea takes from gate  rev i think.....its what kennedy trued to redo until kem said " do you know who i am".... and that was the last time someone at und tried to challege her

I believe the agreement  has a provision that it is to be reviewed every year and either side can propose changes. KEM refused to engage. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You're probably correct but on a list of 50 things wrong with the FB program posters/fans feeling a fan opinion site has become a cluster comes in at #73.

Kind of like the "I don't like the mean tweets at 3 am" argument.

Agreed.

• Upvote 1

So I am waiting for a high school hockey game to start and flip to THIS. Could I just ask where are the AD and president? Total lack of support and let Bubba try to pick up the pieces. Bubba does not set salary…

Billies Got His Beer Goggles On

Neil McCoy

He don’t see ugly through blood shot eyes

He’ll fall apart when he gets home but right now his worries are gone

’cause life looks good, good, good

So good, good, good

Life looks good, good, good

Billie’s got his beer goggles on!

1 hour ago, GForks said:

The NDSU job was not open when he took the UND job. Tyler Roehl didn't leave NDSU until this week. I am guessing he meant what he said when he was excited to come back to UND and that he had no intentions of going elsewhere. But things can change very quickly these days in regards to new opportunities. What is the statute of limitations on giving someone your "word"? If a better opportunity comes up at any time, whether it be your first day or 2 years into a job, a person can't be blamed for wanting to explore it, whether that be a student-athlete, a coach, or any person in the community in their normal occupation.

If you think Roehl just “took” the job at Tennessee St. out of the blue, not sure what to tell you.  

this one is on Landry.  Lack of character.  

4 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

So I am waiting for a high school hockey game to start and flip to THIS. Could I just ask where are the AD and president? Total lack of support and let Bubba try to pick up the pieces. Bubba does not set salary…

Billies Got His Beer Goggles On

Neil McCoy

He don’t see ugly through blood shot eyes

He’ll fall apart when he gets home but right now his worries are gone

’cause life looks good, good, good

So good, good, good

Life looks good, good, good

Billie’s got his beer goggles on!

Massaging mr wonderful who isn’t gunna donate anything to und 

1 hour ago, GForks said:

Is it relevant or not that a much better opportunity presented itself that didn't exist 8 days earlier? If he stays this year and then goes to a better opportunity does that somehow make this better or different? I'd feel different about the whole thing if the NDSU job had been open at the time he was hired at UND. But it wasn't, and there was zero indication that there would be a better opportunity elsewhere.

If he was on a one year contact then yes. We want to gives coaches slack because everyone does slimy things, leaving jobs in the middle of a season and the like. Admittedly integrity is in short supply in college athletics but expecting standards you'd expect from some in any other line of work isn't unreasonable. 

4 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

If he was on a one year contact then yes. We want to gives coaches slack because everyone does slimy things, leaving jobs in the middle of a season and the like. Admittedly integrity is in short supply in college athletics but expecting standards you'd expect from some in any other line of work isn't unreasonable. 

Especially annalumni and local guy

Did bubba introduce Landry at any press conference?

they need to start getting things on tv and online

chaves should set a policy on every new hire to introduce the new person and Chaves shouldn’t be hiding in the bathroom 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GForks said:

The NDSU job was not open when he took the UND job. Tyler Roehl didn't leave NDSU until this week. I am guessing he meant what he said when he was excited to come back to UND and that he had no intentions of going elsewhere. But things can change very quickly these days in regards to new opportunities. What is the statute of limitations on giving someone your "word"? If a better opportunity comes up at any time, whether it be your first day or 2 years into a job, a person can't be blamed for wanting to explore it, whether that be a student-athlete, a coach, or any person in the community in their normal occupation.

Maybe it's old-fashioned, but it seems to me any modicum of personal integrity would keep a person from bolting from a job commitment after less than 2 weeks, especially with these circumstances. Obviously, others disagree. The bigger point may be that however one feels about Landry's decision, it certainly shouldn't be blamed on Schweigert this time.

2 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Maybe it's old-fashioned, but it seems to me any modicum of personal integrity would keep a person from bolting from a job commitment after less than 2 weeks, especially with these circumstances. Obviously, others disagree. The bigger point may be that however one feels about Landry's decision, it certainly shouldn't be blamed on Schweigert this time.

Agreed, Bubba didn't cause this and certainly didn't deserve this.

• Upvote 2

Danny bolting started this. Domino effect. Whoever/whatever caused Danny to leave is to blame for all of this. It's not a tree situation. It's a whole forest situation.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, GForks said:

How long would he have to stay here to qualify as having integrity? 1 year? 5 years? I'm not applauding anyone for anything. I'm just not blaming someone for going a different route after circumstances changed.

More than 4 days?  Interesting how this account has come out of the mothballs 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Danny bolting started this. Domino effect. Whoever/whatever caused Danny to leave is to blame for all of this. It's not a tree situation. It's a whole forest situation.

Looks like apples to oranges to me.

Maybe Freund left because he saw the program as a sinking ship, as one poster here claims on a daily basis. Or maybe, as speculated over at UND Football 360, Freund looked at Roehl's situation at the AC (supposedly passed over for HC  due to lack of outside experience) and decided he needed to broaden his resume.  Unfortunate it's at a conference rival, but it is what it is.

For Landry, what changed between the day he accepted the UND job and the day he bolted for the AC? Anything other than what he perceived to be a better offer?