SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The betting line for next season is 6.5 wins.......over or under?

I'm betting the under

Need some massive offseason additions and improvement to hit that over given the schedule. Offense needs to be simplified so it doesn't crap the bed in big games (UNI). It sometimes seemed like they'd pass (bubble screens, etc.) to set up the run, and not the other way around if that makes any sense at all. Defense can't send everyone on every third and long, not get any pressure, and leave the DBs out to dry. DL and OLB need to be much, much better. 86th in the country in sacks will not get you anywhere and make your secondary look worse than it is. 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The betting line for next season is 6.5 wins.......over or under?

I'm betting the under

How it looks to me on 12/13, I would also bet the under, but that's a great O/U number. That being said, this time next week, that absolutely could change. IMO, the fate of next season will be decided on how they do defensively in the Portal. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

It would be wise to not underestimate Mama Sue’s knowledge of the game. Not saying what I suspect, just saying. 

Heads tend to spin trying to keep track of everyone’s “knowledge of the game” on here.

It all comes back to we all want UND football to do well. If you enjoy 7 wins, 4 inexplicable losses, and an early playoff exit, then thus far, you probably absolutely adore UND football and good ol’ Bubba ball. Oh, and also routinely watching NDSU roll in the playoffs despite frequent coaching changes and high NFL draft departures on a regular basis.

How do we potentially change the above narrative?  Well, wait decade by decade, and make no staffing changes, because if you want anything to occur sooner, you’re asking for instant gratification, you’re too young, too inexperienced, too non – Midwestern to know how things work.

Welcome to UND football fandom. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Heads tend to spin trying to keep track of everyone’s “knowledge of the game” on here.

It all comes back to we all want UND football to do well. If you enjoy 7 wins, 4 inexplicable losses, and an early playoff exit, then thus far, you probably absolutely adore UND football and good ol’ Bubba ball. Oh, and also routinely watching NDSU roll in the playoffs despite frequent coaching changes and high NFL draft departures on a regular basis.

How do we potentially change the above narrative?  Well, wait decade by decade, and make no staffing changes, because if you want anything to occur sooner, you’re asking for instant gratification, you’re too young, too inexperienced, too non – Midwestern to know how things work.

Welcome to UND football fandom. 

fWx327.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

^ exhibit A of one of said groupies 

flatter yourself much? 

Can't understand how or why someone can spend some much time and negative energy on something that they clearly don't enjoy. Just me though.

I assume you actually can't feel as negative as you come off here but the repetitiveness of the same criticisms over and over again while comparatively offering minimal positive outlooks is grinding. In the end, we all want to see better results.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

***I'm not making excuses for the coaching staff or anything.  This comparison just crossed my mind.. mean nothing more by it.***

UND FB and Omaha hockey are a lot alike, imo.  They have a ton of potential, quality facilities, a pretty good fanbase, but both programs have established national powers within their own conference.  That's not easy to overcome.  

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

***I'm not making excuses for the coaching staff or anything.  This comparison just crossed my mind.. mean nothing more by it.***

UND FB and Omaha hockey are a lot alike, imo.  They have a ton of potential, quality facilities, a pretty good fanbase, but both programs have established national powers within their own conference.  That's not easy to overcome.  

Except we've already done it before.

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Except we've already done it before.

That occurred to me and I couldn't think of a better comparison.  I then thought that UND moving up to the FCS recently, and after NDSU and SDSU, was similar to how UNO is still a relatively new program.  UND's championship was also in a lower level..  Maybe Maine would be  better?  

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Can't understand how or why someone can spend some much time and negative energy on something that they clearly don't enjoy. Just me though.

I assume you actually can't feel as negative as you come off here but the repetitiveness of the same criticisms over and over again while comparatively offering minimal positive outlooks is grinding. In the end, we all want to see better results.

You‘re mistaken; I clearly enjoy UND football, but that doesn’t mean I agree with the current direction or how it is managed. 

We all want better results, that much I agree with. How we get there certainly seems to differ.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Because they are not who they want us to believe they are.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Because they are not who they want us to believe they are.

How many times must this be said before it sinks in.  Some folks that post here think they've found a clever way to sabotage the program.  And a lot of folks on here just add fuel to the fire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

How many times must this be said before it sinks in.  Some folks that post here think they've found a clever way to sabotage the program.  And a lot of folks on here just add fuel to the fire.

Man some of you think you’re the next Einstein or something.

It really isn’t that deep. I promise you.

https://fightinghawks.com/staff-directory/nate-baukol/86

17years, 21 years total at UND. If rumor is true. With having injuries deplete depth is the possible reason why or lack of size/muscle or speed……I am not a strength coach guy, so I do not know how much impact he would have on the in-season and out of season training. 

7 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

https://fightinghawks.com/staff-directory/nate-baukol/86

17years, 21 years total at UND. If rumor is true. With having injuries deplete depth is the possible reason why or lack of size/muscle or speed……I am not a strength coach guy, so I do not know how much impact he would have on the in-season and out of season training. 

Was always the first guys in the bubba dancing videos clapping