SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Just now, Mama Sue said:

Maybe we could just hire UND FB FAN full time to be head coach since he has all the answers.

My point: life is not that simple and hindsight is 20/20.

peoplecin the right positions need to make decisions….not necessarily fans.

i can be his o-coordinator!!!!!!!

run the ball, use the TE for sure, and actually try to hit WR's going forward over middle (west coast style.....2 or 3 steps...plant back foot and hit jimm k/ jerry rice in stride)......bootlegs on occasion...easy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Excellent article. UND football 2024 roster outlook 1.0 - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

Important Notes:

• Fort: Appears he intends to transfer (although not in portal yet)
  • Vaughn, Beach, Navratil, Hembry intend to return.

No other surprises. 

Quick thoughts.

• S / OLB - Portal or bust. On paper, these positions currently are awful. 
  • D-Line - Needs a lot of help via the portal, but a bit better of a situation than S / OLB

Agreed, great read. Tom didn’t hold back about the help we need at OLB and S. 

On 12/9/2023 at 6:16 PM, UND Football Fan said:

Danny we complain about the different versions of the short passing game

Not saying this defend Danny, because I’m not a big fan of short passes, but the more FBS and NFL games I watch, passing short of the line to gain is very common. 

6 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Maybe we could just hire UND FB FAN full time to be head coach since he has all the answers.

My point: life is not that simple and hindsight is 20/20.

People in the right positions need to make decisions….not necessarily fans.

Life is not simple, hindsight is 20/20, and people need to make the right decisions … okay.

I mean, I agree with all of those statements in general, but it doesn’t offset any of the previous comments and concerns. I would say that you just skipped over the highlighted concern of whether or not the right people are in fact in the right position. 

Lastly, I don’t appreciate your first statement, but I understand there’s a combination of frustration and ignorance at play. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Life is not simple, hindsight is 20/20, and people need to make the right decisions … okay.

I mean, I agree with all of those statements in general, but it doesn’t offset any of the previous comments and concerns. I would say that you just skipped over the highlighted concern of whether or not the right people are in fact in the right position. 

Lastly, I don’t appreciate your first statement, but I understand there’s a combination of frustration and ignorance at play. 

My whole point is that none of us are in a position to make these decisions, none of us.

And none of us are in a position to determine if the right people are indeed in the positions.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You obviously don’t know the person you are addressing or you probably wouldn’t use the word ignorance. Leave stupid judgements like that out of your posts and you have valid points. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, iramurphy said:

You obviously don’t know the person you are addressing or you probably wouldn’t use the word ignorance. Leave stupid judgements like that out of your posts and you have valid points. 

How about you take the lead and don’t follow up stupid comments - in this case by @Mama Sue - with your own stupid judgement comment.  You’ve mastered pulling wool over eyes (with respect to comments on this site), which is not good, by the way.

Maybe we could just hire UND FB FAN full time to be head coach since he has all the answers.” 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

My whole point is that none of us are in a position to make these decisions, none of us.

And none of us are in a position to determine if the right people are indeed in the positions.

Disagree. As @Irish stated, UND football is what their record is, and then some. If you follow college athletics, specifically college football, and perhaps even have a background within it, you can adequately recognize and acknowledge some of deficiencies within the program. This is why my ignorant comment was made; there are many on this board that are frustrated but yet have no clue how to interpret what is going on. With that said, it’s not “across the board” completely. Some can see the issues and are capable of coming up with viable solutions, they just aren’t the ones with the titles/positions to actuate said solutions. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Those who know UND football laughed out loud at the suggestion of "ignorance" - more like "legendary". 

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Irish said:

Disagree - there is a simple way - our record.  You are what your record says you are.  Are we happy with the record for the past 10 years?

North Dakota football has compiled a very average record over the last 10 years.  61 wins 50 losses.  Best record was 9-3 in Bubba's third season and that was followed up with Bubba's worst record at 3-8.  The other 8 seasons have ended with somewhere between 5 and 7 wins, which IMO, a very average HC and staff could compile at a school like UND in the FCS division.  Bubba has made the FCS playoffs(a baseline accomplishment at one of the heavies in FCS football) and has lost all 5 games.

North Dakota football should demand excellence.  The record and the 2021 extension scream the fact it does not demand excellence and that is my problem with the UND football program.  Without major changes in the expectations and the current staff, we can all plan on continued underperformance and 5-7 wins per season.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

I think Tom Miller said he was. Mentioned he had his game film up on twitter or something but hasn't posted anything about leaving yet.

One-time starter Sammy Fort isn’t officially in the portal but Youtube has a video of his highlights and it indicates an intent to transfer.

I looked and couldn't find the video he was referencing. 

• Like 1