SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake vs UND 9/2/23

SiouxFan100

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

slapping the white facemasks on the existing uni's is next level......it's like we can't figure out that just putting out gray bottoms a few years ago or the hideous tops from a few years ago doesn't work if it part of an all new look.....like other schools do....it's half arsed

Do they plan on rolling out those grey helmets with any of our current jerseys? They don't go with anything. Will be a massive waste. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

To be fair. I can almost guarantee he was told to go in and fair catch the punt. Skokna was not dressed today and I don't know who would have been third option.

This is fair. That thought crossed my mind, too, but you have to have other options that can try to fair catch the punt at that point in the game. Worse case scenario -  botched attempt and recovery by Drake (turnover) - is not that big of a deal when up 48-7 or 55-7, whatever it was at that point. Get your back up returner an opportunity - jeez. I know I came off as being hard on Bubba, but this is more so a Kostich issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Do they plan on rolling out those grey helmets with any of our current jerseys? They don't go with anything. Will be a massive waste. 

I have to imagine there are other jerseys on the way, but I don’t know for sure. You’re right though; the potential gray throwback helmets don’t go with the current green and black sets. 

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

White face masks were sensational on the green helmets.  Loved how they looked.

Brought me back....

Screenshot_20230902_220629.jpg.bef253f61fa7d5918409b6e8738f350f.jpg

I agree - now, *if* UND has clean Kelly green jerseys and white pants to go with them, then we’re in business. Honestly, the current uniform sets with the green helmet/white face masks aren’t horrible 

• Upvote 2

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

That’s the “word” on the street. He didn’t carry the ball again after he left. Time will tell; hopefully he’s available and at 100% against NAU next week 

They didn’t look at him at all on the field, was a pretty quick walk back to the sideline. Looked like a severe Charlie horse and the tv commentators state cramp too

23 minutes ago, petey23 said:

To be fair. I can almost guarantee he was told to go in and fair catch the punt. Skokna was not dressed today and I don't know who would have been third option.

couldn't you just put in mark kauk and tell him not to even field the punt at this point in the game?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

No harm in him catching the punts if he fair catches them, I don’t think he returned any if at all

The history of the game of football suggests otherwise. Too many moments in history after competitors tried to return it and get injured during meaningless football, or the opposing team takes a cheap shot. Just not a smart look if you’re trying to minimize risk, but it’s fine I suppose to overlook this one mistake as long as it doesn’t recur. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree - now, *if* UND has clean Kelly green jerseys and white pants to go with them, then we’re in business. Honestly, the current uniform sets with the green helmet/white face masks aren’t horrible 

This with white face masks....

Screenshot_20230902_221557.thumb.jpg.2d412df11a43f42d8b6640efdbe0d65a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

It’s a “flagship” 701 pitch, which I think is a solid idea. Screw ndsu- bunch of hicks 

the entrance video was ok, could’ve been a more suspenseful entertaining tunnel walk but oh well, maybe one year they’ll get it. 

in-game production/entertainment was ok, maybe B- grade

Hey, there were some years where I would have killed to see this at a B- grade

1 hour ago, the green team said:

The 2 missed kicks FG & Xtra Pt, I think the laces were in.  Might have been on the holder— and no, I’m not Ray Finkel.  Just my observation

Holder has to be better, we’re just lucky it happened week 1 versus in a close conference game