SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake vs UND 9/2/23

SiouxFan100

1 minute ago, Tangolou said:

The Good, Bad and the Ugly. Start with the good. RB Z looked really good, even before his second half run. If he learns to be patient behind his linemen, he will be very good. Feeney also looked good. It doesn't seem like it would be a train wreck if Schuster went down. Good on him for sticking with it. The Bad. Defense looked no different than last years horror show. None of the front 7 can beat their man one on one. Only pressure comes from sellout blitzes. The Ugly. Kicking is plain terrible. From field goals to extra points to kickoffs. Nothing more to say about that.

By the second half, I was only cheering for a sack. They flushed the QB a few times, but no sacks.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

The Good, Bad and the Ugly. Start with the good. RB Z looked really good, even before his second half run. If he learns to be patient behind his linemen, he will be very good. Feeney also looked good. It doesn't seem like it would be a train wreck if Schuster went down. Good on him for sticking with it. The Bad. Defense looked no different than last years horror show. None of the front 7 can beat their man one on one. Only pressure comes from sellout blitzes. The Ugly. Kicking is plain terrible. From field goals to extra points to kickoffs. Nothing more to say about that.

hopefully some of the bad and ugly things are a one game deal. 

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

No reason to have Belquist on the punt return. Not this game, anyway. 

Noticed this. Absolute stupidity to have your best offensive weapon in the game to return a meaningless punt in the 4th quarter. I’m sorry, but where there is smoke, there is fire; Bubba and Kostich are out of their league. Danny Freund made nice adjustments for the second half. He’s the future and nice bright spot (of not very many) on this staff. Defense was fair. worry about stopping the run still, and where were the sacks? Jeez. And Special teams are very questionable. Not only kicking game, but returners confused, and penalties … (roughing the punter by #36 was blatant I thought, but haven’t seen the replay)

There’s fun opportunities out in front of this team (@Boise - of which looked the opposite of invincible today against Washington, @SDSU, vs NDSU), but I worry the same ol’ same ol’ with the current “leader” is inevitably going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

55-7

That’s what we’re supposed to hang to impress pollsters. :silly:

The pollsters (and myself) only care what this team does against Boise State, SDSU, and NDSU; and I guess for the final polls, the playoff field come November/December. With that said, you can’t have any bad losses. 

• Upvote 1

slapping the white facemasks on the existing uni's is next level......it's like we can't figure out that just putting out gray bottoms a few years ago or the hideous tops from a few years ago doesn't work if it part of an all new look.....like other schools do....it's half arsed

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

were all those flags North Dakota flags the players ran onto the field with?  assuming that's a play on our new 701 branding?

It’s a “flagship” 701 pitch, which I think is a solid idea. Screw ndsu- bunch of hicks 

the entrance video was ok, could’ve been a more suspenseful entertaining tunnel walk but oh well, maybe one year they’ll get it. 

in-game production/entertainment was ok, maybe B- grade

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Noticed this. Absolute stupidity to have your best offensive weapon in the game to return a meaningless punt in the 4th quarter. I’m sorry, but where there is smoke, there is fire; Bubba and Kostich are out of their league. Danny Freund made nice adjustments for the second half. He’s the future and nice bright spot (of not very many) on this staff. Defense was fair. worry about stopping the run still, and where were the sacks? Jeez. And Special teams are very questionable. Not only kicking game, but returners confused, and penalties … (roughing the punter by #36 was blatant I thought, but haven’t seen the replay)

There’s fun opportunities out in front of this team (@Boise - of which looked the opposite of invincible today against Washington, @SDSU, vs NDSU), but I worry the same ol’ same ol’ with the current “leader” is inevitably going to happen. 

To be fair. I can almost guarantee he was told to go in and fair catch the punt. Skokna was not dressed today and I don't know who would have been third option.

• Upvote 2