SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Non-UND FCS thread

The Sicatoka

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He will be making well over 1 million, I think he will be just fine! I’m sure Klieman will take him in if USC dumps all its coaches again. 

Is that even the case? 

Even most blue blood assistants don't make seven figures. USC is private so who knows if we'll ever even know.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

has anyone explained what connection(s) he has to anyone at usc........still wondering how he got this job

Dom and Kolpack speculated that Riley and Klieman are tight and Riley probably asked about him. Whatever people think of Entz he is/was regarded as a pretty elite defensive coach.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 6:38 AM, HoopsFan03 said:

Don’t even worry. He’s bringing more fire this next season!!

What a laughable thought, and it is particularly unfortunate we have UND “supporters” who post that malarkey and actually believe it. Prolonged mediocrity is a mindset illness run rampant here with this fan base / group of supporters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

What a laughable thought, and it is particularly unfortunate we have UND “supporters” who post that malarkey and actually believe it. Prolonged mediocrity is a mindset illness run rampant here with this fan base / group of supporters. 

It's all coach-speak either way but I think it is also pretty fair to assume you would have also jumped all over a "business as usual" type of response. What actual type of (realistic) reaction/commentary would have passed muster?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It's all coach-speak either way but I think it is also pretty fair to assume you would have also jumped all over a "business as usual" type of response. What actual type of (realistic) reaction/commentary would have passed muster?

No response or commentary is acceptable at this point other than acknowledging change is the only way forward. Silence sometimes can speak the loudest, however. Of course, we’re limited by the rate of change based on unjustified extensions and mediocre expectations. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No response or commentary is acceptable at this point other than acknowledging change is the only way forward. Of course, we’re limited by the rate of change based on unjustified extensions and mediocre expectation. 

So nothing in the realistic realm because the head coach isn't getting 2 years of his contract bought out. Which is exactly what my point was.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So nothing in the realistic realm because the head coach isn't getting 2 years of his contract bought out. Which is exactly what my point was.

If you can’t buy out a mediocre coach’s contract then you probably shouldn’t issue out those contracts after losing seasons …

but oh well, this point has been beaten to death. Hopefully Chaves has learned from this. UND athletics as a whole needs to learn and evolve from this, or else be left behind… again.