SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

14 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Kind of the reverse of going from Denver to GF with a trunkful of Coors. Ah, the good old days....

My dad tells me of stories from back in like the 60’s of him driving through Colorado on his way back to GF and buddies practically begging him to load up the car with cases of Coors Light! 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Goon said:

Grain Belt is pure garbage. Give me a Stella, Guinness, Coors Light, Corona or a Modelo.  

I remember drinking way too much Natty Lite in college. Or should I say, I don’t remember drinking way too much Natty Lite in college.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

My dad tells me of stories from back in like the 60’s of him driving through Colorado on his way back to GF and buddies practically begging him to load up the car with cases of Coors Light! 

He must be too young to remember students bringing back cases of Coors before there was Coors Light. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Kind of the reverse of going from Denver to GF with a trunkful of Coors. Ah, the good old days....

In College we had a fraternity brother from Chippewa Falls. Everytime he would go home we used to make him bring back as much Leinenkugel as he could fit. $6 a case and a nice hard box which when full of returnables doubled as furniture! Then Miller bought them out and doubled the price.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

He must be too young to remember students bringing back cases of Coors before there was Coors Light. 

Yah, I mis-spoke. I meant to say Coors banquet beer is what he says he’d pick up and bring back to North Dakota back in the 50’s or 60’s.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Yah, I mis-spoke. I meant to say Coors banquet beer is what he says he’d pick up and bring back to North Dakota back in the 50’s or 60’s.

As a cotton top (with very little cotton left) I do remember the days of anyone going west, please bring back coors.  That was late 70's early 80's.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Cooper Moore with an ill-advised penalty in the last few minutes, giving BU the winning power play goal.

Very ill advised.  IMO, it followed a flurry in front of BU's net that should have given at least one penalty as they tried to defend a Q attack.  Par for the course, and not unexpected for HEA refs to selectively favor the guys who pay their salaries.

13 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Pretty sure there was no Coors ‘light’ back in the 60’s. At the time, it also wasn’t pasteurized and tasted incredible!

11 hours ago, ToDaClub said:

As a cotton top (with very little cotton left) I do remember the days of anyone going west, please bring back coors.  That was late 70's early 80's.  

I can attest to that in the early 70s.   Coors flowed after Xmas and spring break ski vacations.

• Upvote 3