SiouxSports.com Forum

Some Thoughts on UND's FB Program

UND Fan

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

I was being a little sarcastic. But for an event that usually requires 20 athletes I find it a little strange that the average D1 roster is 47 athletes and schools like Iowa and Wisconsin have 70-80 members listed on the teams.

Just saying it seems to be a good way around one of the title 9 prongs or requirements.

Just think at Wisconsin where they had 80 listed on their roster last season, someone is like 65th string.

A young woman that I coached in basketball was a freshman at Wisconsin about 12 years ago.  She is about 6' tall and an athlete.  Within a few days on campus they tried to recruit her for the rowing team.  She declined. 

• Upvote 1

For anyone wanting direct access to key UND admin, Alumni Assn admin, athletic Dept admin, or coaches, log on to undalumni.org and find an activity near you. 

The Golf outing in DL on July 13 is sold out but Kim and Nicole Poolman host the largest summer gathering at their beautiful lake home on Pelican south of DL on July 14. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I attended the Alumni function on Pelican Lake this evening. A number of the alumni staff were in DL yesterday for the Champions Club Golf event, returned to GF last night, then back for this event this evening. Bubba was at todays event as were many alumni office personnel and key UND administrators including President Armacost and his wife Kathy. It was easy to visit with any of these key people. I had a long visit with Dave Hakstol. The athletic department staff, FB coaches and a number of key alumni staff will returne to GF tonight then will be In Minneapolis for the FB function Sunday and Monday. Anyone who thinks for a moment that these folks are “lazy” hasn’t a flipping clue. 
These events go on around the country year round. These events are not exclusive. Those who took the time had ample opportunity to chat with President Andy, Deanna Zink, Bill Chaves, Bubba and other FB coaches, and other coaches from hockey, golf and tennis. Many Alumni including former Sioux greats from multiple sports and Kraken Coach Dave Hakstol attend. It’s a great time to connect to other alumni and build relationships with key UND staff. It’s a great time to personally witness how hard these people work trying make UND including our athletic teams better and to connect with fans, supporters, donors and alumni. 

Not really sure if people are saying these people are lazy........they just want to see some ROI on their investments in UND athletics.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I’m not a “high roller” either but had access to any and all of UND staff. So did anyone else. The invite was on the alumni website so it wasn’t only for high rollers. Having said that, there were some interesting and very successful alumni in attendance.  A group of Pi Phi sorority girls who were having a reunion came.  I think I counted 8 or 9 Sigma Chis. It was a lot of fun. Hosted by Jim and Nicole Poolman who do a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcome. 
Anyone who attended will attest to how engaging the UND personnel were and how hard they work. I highly recommend this event which was in its 4th year. Jim Poolman is the new chair of the Alumni Board. Last year the people who attended raised $36,000 for the Angel Fund. This year they were raising funds for students who experience financial difficulties and the goal was to match $20,000 donated by the Simonsons. They were over halfway to that goal before Jim Poolman was finished telling the attendees about the matching fund opportunity. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

By investment do you mean griping and crying on an internet website because thier end all be all to life is a football program?   Asking for a friend....

or hockey program.........i think bubs is more clueless than bubba.

• Downvote 2

On 7/16/2023 at 1:29 AM, jdub27 said:

But it's easier to complain anonymously than try to make the changes that your think would things better. 

I suppose you could do both, right? Lot of sensitive folks who hate to hear criticism. Always a combination of negatives and positives. Never as good nor as bad as it seems. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I suppose you could do both, right? Lot of sensitive folks who hate to hear criticism. Always a combination of negatives and positives. Never as good nor as bad as it seems. 

Yes, I would suppose one could. But tough to believe some are doing that when they complain decision makers are inaccessible and then ignore multiple people offering to set up meetings to help show they aren't. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Yes, I would suppose one could. But tough to believe some are doing that when they complain decision makers are inaccessible and then ignore multiple people offering to set up meetings to help show they aren't. 

Jdub, you talk a lot about the people that complain anonymously in an online forum. But then all you do is complain anonymously in an online forum about the people that complain. Seems like you're not much different bossman. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Either you have or haven't.  Stop trolling.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Jdub, you talk a lot about the people that complain anonymously in an online forum. But then all you do is complain anonymously in an online forum about the people that complain. Seems like you're not much different bossman. 

We are not the ones who come on here to pitch and complain ALL THE TIME. Gets pretty annoying to read the same thing over and over again because these people are too LAZY to get off the keyboard to go and actually DO SOMETHING about it. It’s a waste of all of our time. If they care so much get off the message board and contact someone important 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2