SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

We all have a case of gopher hate, and for good reason, but they are dam good and deserve to be in the FF, IMO.   A final four of UMinn, BU, QU, and UMich would be some great hockey, though I suppose it's unlikely they will all get through.    I'd like to see the gophs and BU square off at some point.

1 minute ago, burd said:

We all have a case of gopher hate, and for good reason, but they are dam good and deserve to be in the FF, IMO.   A final four of UMinn, BU, QU, and UMich would be some great hockey, though I suppose it's unlikely they will all get through.    I'd like to see the gophs and BU square off at some point.

I see a team built like a Sioux team used to be.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

No denying the goofs are a good team,  probably deserve to win the natty.  But the team thar deserves it doesn't always win.

Boy are they fun to watch…through and through an absolute wagon. To think they lost Broz and both Lucius bros. Recruiting is a layup with all the high end talent coming out of MN lately 

2 hours ago, burd said:

F the Goofers. Every team that plays them from now on is my favorite team. I want Dubay crying in his beer before this tournament is over. :devil:

• Upvote 3

After watching Day 1 it is pretty clear that we really need to up our recruiting game.  Not saying we don't have some nice players coming in, but wow there is some elite talent buzzing around in this tournament.  Hopefully we're on it.  We need the portal this year but need to rebuild a steady pipeline that is balanced in numbers and by position.  

3 minutes ago, Irish said:

After watching Day 1 it is pretty clear that we really need to up our recruiting game.  Not saying we don't have some nice players coming in, but wow there is some elite talent buzzing around in this tournament.  Hopefully we're on it.  We need the portal this year but need to rebuild a steady pipeline that is balanced in numbers and by position.  

Just need better facilities and more money.  C'mon Chaves....right?

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

F the Goofers. Every team that plays them from now on is my favorite team. I want Dubay crying in his beer before this tournament is over. :devil:

Oh I’d love to see that too. With that said the rodents are damn good and will be for at least the next 2/3 years. And with UND we have no idea what the future holds. Unfortunately the tables have been turned 

9 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Oh I’d love to see that too. With that said the rodents are damn good and will be fit at least the next 2/3 years. And with UND we have no idea what the future holds. Unfortunately the tables have been turned 

I miss the days when we scored 10 goals and made the goofs look like a d2 school

11 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Oh I’d love to see that too. With that said the rodents are damn good and will be fit at least the next 2/3 years. And with UND we have no idea what the future holds. Unfortunately the tables have been turned 

Lot of good teams left in their path to overcome. And they will not hang onto their top talent for three to four years. NHL agents are probably lurking in the shadows of every arena they are in right now in case they are eliminated so they can get a contract signed.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

Lot of good teams left in their path to overcome. And they will not hang onto their top talent for three to four years. NHL agents are probably lurking in the shadows of every arena they are in right now in case they are eliminated so they can get a contract signed.

Unfortunately can’t say the same about our team

51 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Oh I’d love to see that too. With that said the rodents are damn good and will be for at least the next 2/3 years. And with UND we have no idea what the future holds. Unfortunately the tables have been turned 

Let's not forget the defensemen on this gopher team took some pretty big lumps against us when they were freshmen.  They will lose a lot after this year as well.   Yes, they have some great players waiting in the wings, but dominance as freshmen isn't always a given. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They have beer in prison?

Kinda doubting they have ESPN 17plus.net either.... buy you never know. MN is #Softonceime

56 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we don't have the facilities and money to win big at hockey now, we never will.

Those complaints are 100% legitimate for our other sports however.

Which is again confirmation to just can the other wastes of time and space and put more money into hockey.

We need heated underground parking at the REA to get the blue chippers away from Michigan/MN.

A Club football team and intramural basketball will win the EXACT same number of Nattys as fielding pretend D1 teams over the next 50 years.

giphy (1).gif

• Downvote 1