2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Elite 8:

Minnesota vs. SCSU....Goldy 

BU vs. Cornell....BU

The Q vs. Ohio State.....The Q

Michigan vs. Penn State....Michigan 

Hardly a bunch of friendlies from a Sioux perspective, but I'd like to see that FF in person.    

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I wonder how many players from UM and UMN will go pro after this season?
You have to think it'll be 3-5 players from each team with how many high draft picks they have.

But they do seem to reload every year with the U18 team.

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Elite 8:

Minnesota vs. SCSU....Goldy 

BU vs. Cornell....BU

The Q vs. Ohio State.....The Q

Michigan vs. Penn State....Michigan 

I agree with your final four.  Although I think OSU will give Q a run for their money.

9 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yah I would say our roster is pretty damn average after watching these Big Ten teams.  Michigan has speed everywhere wow

That's generous after watching both schools with the big M

7 minutes ago, LuvHockey said:

Hate to admit this: but for the first time in 20+ years I’m watching basketball not this hockey. At least lower seeded teams have a chance in hell to win. 

As am I. Pulling for that pesky Princeton team 

2 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Reason(s) to believe that this is not the new normal?  That the Big Ten won't go on an NCHC-like run well into the future?

Our hope lives with the Q to beat Ohio State, Michigan, and Minnesota to win the national and Big Ten championship.  

9 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Reason(s) to believe that this is not the new normal?  That the Big Ten won't go on an NCHC-like run well into the future?

Anything is possible.  The stars certainly aligned this year for this...many of the B10 teams brought in exceptional talent and many of the NCHC teams had down years.
We'll see what happens over the next 2-3 years I guess.

5 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

So in a down year in the NCHC, we finished in 6th place? Yeah, our program is in good shape. Good thing we lowered the bar classifying winnings seasons as the new standard… 

Maybe in upcoming years, if we fail to have a winning season, the new standard will be lowered to just making it into the NCHC first round playoffs.

19 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Yeah.

Eastern hockey was hurt by total shutdown of seasons in 2020-2021, and they are still recovering.

NCHC?  Well after winning 5 of the last 6, we're due for an off year.   (Now watch St Cloud pull the unexpected.)  Duluth was certainly down, and our out of conference record wasn't as good as we've been accustomed to (so it was more than just UND and Duluth in an off year).

I'm optimistic about the NCHC future, especially with CC getting stronger and Omaha improving too.