SiouxSports.com Forum

2025 Recruiting

geaux_sioux

UND has been on him. They know him, they wanted him, but they also like the guys they have. We have a lot of young online, coming up right now and we can’t use all our money on online. UND lost the 2 coaches that JB knew, Oline coach, and Danny who was a personal acquaintance. 

Also remember that most, not all, but most want to leave home. SDSU has money, more than us, great facilities and a strong fan base, and just happens to be the national champ. Do you really, really think we “lost” him?  He gets paid, gets to be mentored by a family friend, play in front of 16 to 18,000 people and play for a team that has been now churning out NFL lineman. And is close enough but far enough away straight down I29?  And yes they have a very good aviation and engineering program. Doubtful it was a very hard choice.

6 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes, but it is reality now, unbelievably. And yet all you bubba lover boys still think he’s a “leader of men”. Couldn’t even lead his own grown adult coaches…

Please don't put words in my mouth.

4 hours ago, NDRA said:

Woo Hoo, one offer from USD!  Stole one from the Yotes.  Way to go Bubba!!

Don't knock Bubba, he's on a roll now.   Next we might steal one from Indiana State or Western Illinois.   Who knows, maybe even Drake?

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:28 AM, forksandspoons said:

Do any of the most recent commits have any other D1 offers?

If this team ever is going to take the next step, it has to start with having a decent % of their commits with actual competing D-1 offers. As long as Bubba is the face of the program, regardless of facility upgrades, continued improvements to the campus, I don't see it happening. 

Fully understand in the importance factor for the program, this isn't high on the list, but can these coaches please try to build some excitement with commits. Other programs the coaching staffs are posting about commits before the player actually announces. From the outside, seems to build a lot of excitement over each commit. Fruechte did this a bit with the O-Line Portal commits, but nothing since. 

• Like 1

Get used to this

its the way it is now for NIL

we will get those fringe players and when they develop they will get other offers

no different than our men’s BB program

why anyone would want to be a coach in this day and age is beyond me, they can’t win with the fans, the players and even some coaches 

gone are the days of I’m playing for an education

its still a head scratcher  that the RR kid is going to SDSU for aviation 

11 minutes ago, Kab said:

Get used to this

we will get those fringe players and when they develop they will get other offers

why anyone would want to be a coach in this day and age is beyond me, they can’t win with the fans, the players and even some coaches 

This has nothing to do with NIL but go off…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kab said:

Get used to this

I'm talking competing FCS offers. UND offers three additional revenue streams outside of the scholarship. NDSU is the only other FCS that offers all three as well. Within the next year, facilities will be top notch. Campus is beautiful. There are no excuses anymore. My believe is it's all moot as long as Bubba is the face of the program. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

Thielges! Credit to Bubba and co. 

For those of us not in the know, what position and who else was recruiting him 

good for Bubba