SiouxSports.com Forum

HAWKS VS red cows (GAME ONE)

iluvdebbies

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Hasn’t every team beaten St. Cloud in an NC$$ tourney game at some point? If you want to say that it’s a great accomplishment to beat AIC then knock yourself out. I’m sure Brad Berry would agree. 

I’ll give Berry credit for that win because at least they didn’t underestimate their opponent the way SCSU obviously did the previous year.  Other than that, yuck.  

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

I’ll give Berry credit for that win because at least they didn’t underestimate their opponent the way SCSU obviously did the previous year.  Other than that, yuck.  

Yeah because Berry always has his guys ready to play /s

16 minutes ago, DAR said:

What is wrong with Gavin Hain?  A 5th year senior and he does nothing out there.  Bad move to bring him and Senden back.  Just being honest.

Most people’s thoughts. Too afraid to say it though. The question is, who do we bring in to replace them? Spicer? The pipeline has been thin at forward.

Lot of passes to an area, with a UND guy not where the pass went.   Is that the fault of the passer, the receiver, or both?  Either way, it looks like a team that doesn't like each other.  

Same thing on coverages.  Two guys cover one UNO player, which leaves someone all by himself.   They only scored on one of those tonight.

Weakest playoff game performance since ... lets say 1999.   But after 1999, the coaches made a bunch of changes to fix problems, and look at what they did in 2000.  I hope that happens this year.   

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Disagree...That 2019-20 team would have definitely done some damage.  #pinto&colesmith

And had that team gone 0-1 in the NCAA’s after bowing out as a #1 or #2 overall seed…how hot would Berry’s seat be right about now?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Weakest playoff game performance since ... lets say 1999.   But after 1999, the coaches made a bunch of changes to fix problems, and look at what they did in 2000.  I hope that happens this year.   

Yea, nice try.  The 1998-1999 team was 33-5-2 headed into the NCAA’s before that disappointing loss to Boston College.  The coaching staff didn’t start off the 1999-2000 season thinking there were a ton of “problems” that needed their immediate attention.  Unlike our coaching staff, say, next fall, and what they will be dealing with…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jk said:

Best shift of the game, and I think there were a bunch of undrafted guys out there for it.  Not sure how they're even on the team. 

There's always a silver lining to a playoff loss....ammirite?

Hopefully BB rolls out the same chosen few. Seems to have worked so far for 36 games. Why not pound in the final nail tonight?

• Upvote 1

This series has the feel of Denver from a few years back.  Foreign goalie plays well against a team that isn't that close knit (Ask Nick Jones how he got a concussion) and the season is mercifully put to an end.

Then we got this used car salesman @MafiaMan trying to buy all your Frozen Faceoff tickets.  Quite the final chapter to this book. :lol:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DAR said:

What is wrong with Gavin Hain?  A 5th year senior and he does nothing out there.  Bad move to bring him and Senden back.  Just being honest.

He has taken the same amount of penalties as he has points through 36 games.

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

When I hear Johnson is bad defensively.

Exabit A: the whole defense is bad defensively. 

Just an unfortunate situation all around. Moore sitting last night too…just not overly sure iwhat’s going on.

But again, these guys are trying to win games. The balance between winnings now and pissing off younger players. If we were better the mental mistakes of young players wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

There's always a silver lining to a playoff loss....ammirite?

Hopefully BB rolls out the same chosen few. Seems to have worked so far for 36 games. Why not pound in the final nail tonight?

Nobody's happy about losing, but yes, I would continue to roll Ness, Albrecht and Kunz out for their shifts.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Just an unfortunate situation all around. Moore sitting last night too…just not overly sure iwhat’s going on.

But again, these guys are trying to win games. The balance between winnings now and pissing off younger players. If we were better the mental mistakes of young players wouldn’t be that big of a deal.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

By this point in the season you know who’s playing on which line. By now what chemistry there is has been identified and cultivated. This team reminds me of the Iowa Wild playing. Some talented young guys who have never played with each other trying to showcase themselves. What will the lines be tonight for the last time? Some changes from last night? Guaranteed.

7 hours ago, DAR said:

He’s a guy not playing his role because others failed to develop. Ideally senden and hain are playing shutdown roles in the bottom 6 like they have their entire careers here. I think the coaching staff had guys like Constantini and Schmaltz playing top-6 roles and contributing much more on the score sheet. Nobody improved from last year to this year outside of a couple guys (Jandric, Gaber). 

5 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

He’s a guy not playing his role because others failed to develop. Ideally senden and hain are playing shutdown roles in the bottom 6 like they have their entire careers here. I think the coaching staff had guys like Constantini and Schmaltz playing top-6 roles and contributing much more on the score sheet. Nobody improved from last year to this year outside of a couple guys (Jandric, Gaber). 

Tough to develop when you are constantly in and out of the lineup and/or buried in the bottom 6. The amount of minutes some have received in 36 games with marginal positive impact on games is just mind numbing.

• Upvote 2

For all the questions about the lineup at forward and defense, I'm pretty sure if you could sit down with a coach and ask them, they would have very specific reasons for each one, and when you heard them, they would make sense.  But they can't say those things publicly, because they can't be throwing players under the bus.

Along the same lines, they probably have pretty strong ideas on why things went sideways this season.  I'd love to know them, but, again, there's not much they can say without tearing guys down in public.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

No just keep throwing sticks at center ice to pick lines, working so far. Maybe try Johnson at goalie , yea that will do it. 

Perfect time to put him in.  Then after he gives up 7 we can talk about how great he played. :lol:

• Upvote 1