SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

Not to interrupt... but how come this Gen of college students doesn't have a "song" for someone or something on this team?? My Gen had "Hoogsteen-Fooey...#1 Super Guy"... Wrexham is cool now w/ the Paul Mullin song.. . Does UND have a music department or fraternities anymore to lead the charge??? Challenge laid down....

6 hours ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

Not to interrupt... but how come this Gen of college students doesn't have a "song" for someone or something on this team?? My Gen had "Hoogsteen-Fooey...#1 Super Guy"... Wrexham is cool now w/ the Paul Mullin song.. . Does UND have a music department or fraternities anymore to lead the charge??? Challenge laid down....

Now they mostly have opium dens with honorary captains and "Den Mothers," of whom I think Sicatoka might be one (honorary only).  Music does play an important part--mostly blues.   

So on pace to fewest PIM/game. Dang Schlossman. You don't talk about such things. I can hear Hennessy later this season already ...  

Tim: Ness, Montgomery, s-s-sco-o-o-re! Wrister from Monty. Bar down. On the power play. TEN nothing UND.
Color Guy: This is getting out of hand. Fourth power play unit scores again ... 
Tim: Now there's a tie-up in the corner; someone just punched Johannes and Hunter's having none of it. Kunz is jumping in as are Ness and Monty. This has become a kerfuffle. ... < Tim chuckles > ... Now Pyke's grabbed a man and Pyke's being pushed toward the opponent's bench and Pyke's getting some from their bench! Oh no, a couple more of their guys are over the boards going after Pyke and Kunz who came to help Pyke and here comes Louis Jamernik off the bench to help Pyke. Now it's a donnybrook. The ice looks like a yard sale ...  
Color Guy: Now both benches are clearing. The league and the NCAA won't like this at all. 
Tim: The coaches are out there trying to restore order ... let's see how the officials sort all this out. While they do let's take a break on the Home of Economy Fighting Hawks Radio Network, this is UND Fighting Hawks hockey. 

I see 168 UND PIMs in one stoppage coming. :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So on pace to fewest PIM/game. Dang Schlossman. You don't talk about such things. I can hear Hennessy later this season already ...  

Tim: Ness, Montgomery, s-s-sco-o-o-re! Wrister from Monty. Bar down. On the power play. TEN nothing UND.
Color Guy: This is getting out of hand. Fourth power play unit scores again ... 
Tim: Now there's a tie-up in the corner; someone just punched Johannes and Hunter's having none of it. Kunz is jumping in as are Ness and Monty. This has become a kerfuffle. ... < Tim chuckles > ... Now Pyke's grabbed a man and Pyke's being pushed toward the opponent's bench and Pyke's getting some from their bench! Oh no, a couple more of their guys are over the boards going after Pyke and Kunz who came to help Pyke and here comes Louis Jamernik off the bench to help Pyke. Now it's a donnybrook. The ice looks like a yard sale ...  
Color Guy: Now both benches are clearing. The league and the NCAA won't like this at all. 
Tim: The coaches are out there trying to restore order ... let's see how the officials sort all this out. While they do let's take a break on the Home of Economy Fighting Hawks Radio Network, this is UND Fighting Hawks hockey. 

I see 168 UND PIMs in one stoppage coming. :D 

WOW!! that was a vivid color commentary!

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've heard Tim since 1979-ish ... I'm merely following the footsteps of the master. 

Good stuff, Sic.   If they call one on the green and white, you might include an "are you kidding me??"

45 minutes ago, burd said:

Good stuff, Sic.   If they call one on the green and white, you might include an "are you kidding me??"

Before or after " ... he gave the old 'how's she going' and walked right around ... " 

On 1/29/2024 at 2:58 PM, siouxforce19 said:

The problem with that is if the Hobey is supposed to go to the best player in college hockey the academic and off ice stuff should not be weighed more than on ice achievements. Seems like it was in Vesey’s case. 71 points vs 46 points? C’mon now. 

Can’t say I disagree with you.

9 minutes ago, RedFrog said:

A comment in another thread got me thinking about when is the right time for this team to have another regulation loss?  It has to happen, right?

If the team can learn from close wins like yesterday versus Miami, I don’t think they have to have a regulation loss again this season. 

2 hours ago, RedFrog said:

A comment in another thread got me thinking about when is the right time for this team to have another regulation loss?  It has to happen, right?

Maybe right after they clinch the Penna-Rosa? (and resting half the team)

1 hour ago, ND_Texan said:

Whatever Dillon Simpson had the D boys doing against DU needs to happen again tonight. We sucked in center ice last night. 

Hopefully the beating that the footsball team did to moo u and the subsequent sh!t show is not the plan for this teams season. 

• Upvote 1