SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

I think the wildcards UND has this year is that as long as we are playing responsible and good team defense we have a Goalie who can make the big save when needed and if we get in one of those clutch and grab games with the officials whistles in their pocket we have Blake, Gaber, and Perron who are capable of making individual skill plays to get a goal on individual effort and guys like Johannes and James who can grab a puck at our blue line and create offense and chaos going the other way in a hurry with their size and speed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 1972 said:

the only game i felt they were not the better team was fri vs the goofs...looked shell shocked in the second and third period

Played better versus actually being better is kind of where I am going on that one. I left that weekend saying we're as good or better than that team. I've felt that with every team we've played.

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Played better versus actually being better is kind of where I am going on that one. I left that weekend saying we're as good or better than that team. I've felt that with every team we've played.

I thought Wisconsin was the best team we played this year, not the most skilled but they had a gameplan and stuck to it. We were a little fortunate that night as they did clank iron at least 4 times and they had a crowd in front of the net quite a bit. It was a weird game as I thought we kind of took our foot off the gas and if Bucky had scored I did feel like we could ramp it up again, and while we had a big crowd it was kind of subdued(Bison game hangover)

6 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I'm not scared of those conferences. UND has more than held their own against both so far.

I don’t expect any UND fan or player to  be afraid of any team, but both those conferences appear to be every bit as good as the NCHC this year (which no Sioux fan worth their salt would agree with, of course).

• Upvote 3

On 11/18/2023 at 9:04 PM, brianvf said:

Very early look at the PWR, the top 16 breaks down like this:

ECAC - 1 - QU
HEA - 6 - BU, BC, Maine, UNH, Prov, UMass
NCHC - 4 - DU, UND, SCSU, WMU
CCHA - 0
B10 - 4 - MSU, UW, UMN, ND
Indy - 1 - ASU

A week later...

HEA - 6 - BC, BU, Maine, UMass, Prov, UNH
ECAC - 1 - QU
NCHC - 4 - DU, UND, WMU, SCSU
B10 - 3 - MSU, UW, UMN
CCHA - 0
AHA - 0

Highest AHA is AIC at #17 and highest CCHA is STU at #31...those two leagues autobid would knock out PSU and ASU from the tourney.

31 minutes ago, Goon said:

Jackson Blake has made a huge impact in his short time at UND. In 52 games, he's scored (25g-33a--58pts), and he's also a plus-seven. Seven of his 25 goals have been scored on the power play. 

Seems he is able to tell when the opposition is skilled and quick enough to make his dangling risky, something I wondered about as recently as this season

• Upvote 1