SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I would like to know this as well.  I mean, anybody who is around the press box, is he there on game days in a suit?  @Goon is he alive still? 

Phenomenal question…I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before.

I mean I remember when Wolanin used to sit as an underclassmen so shaw could play (which used to garner plenty of eye rolls)…but this is straight wacky.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I would like to know this as well.  I mean, anybody who is around the press box, is he there on game days in a suit?  @Goon is he alive still? 

He is still with the team and alive.  He was on the bench in a suit during the senior celebration Sat night.  Schlossman has stated that he would be shocked if 6 doesn’t enter the portal.  Maybe he knows something. 

8 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

Schlossman has stated that he would be shocked if 6 doesn’t enter the portal.  Maybe he knows something. 

I think most of us would be shocked if he doesn't enter the portal.  But if he for some reason stayed to get a ton of ice time next season, I'd be all for it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

He is still with the team and alive.  He was on the bench in a suit during the senior celebration Sat night.  Schlossman has stated that he would be shocked if 6 doesn’t enter the portal.  Maybe he knows something. 

Smartest thing Johnson could ever do is stay. A lot of minutes up for grabs next year. Hopefully it’s not a locker room issue. Doesn’t make sense for Moore to get all of these starts…

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Siouxfancrazy92 said:

I’m sure he does…but if a 3rd rd draft pick never plays and no one even mentions anything, obv he’s entering the portal. Him sitting a ton last year was odd; they mentioned his injury. His play down the stretch was actually solid for a true freshman. His first few games this year was really good too. There were a couple miscues in games 4-6. Clearly something happened at that point and he was permanently sat.

My guess is that he goes to a big 10 school or DU

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Smartest thing Johnson could ever do is stay. A lot of minutes up for grabs next year. Hopefully it’s not a locker room issue. Doesn’t make sense for Moore to get all of these starts…

Wholeheartedly agree. His year has been clouded by a bad injury. Could never get on a roll. There's nowhere better to pursue his career than where he's at now. Some hard work in the off season and, as someone mentioned, some focused coaching will do wonders. I still think he has a good future at UND.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Some of the things Moore has done in the defensive zone this year. You either have it, or you don’t. He ain’t got it.

So then does that hold for Johnson as well?  Moore had a good year last year.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Phenomenal question…I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before.

I mean I remember when Wolanin used to sit as an underclassmen so shaw could play (which used to garner plenty of eye rolls)…but this is straight wacky.

Which makes me wonder if this is strictly a hockey decision. If his last game was an exhibition game, I find it strange he hasn’t at the least been the extra skater since many of the defensemen have had issues.  

10 minutes ago, tnt said:

When was the setback?  The injury was before he came here.  

He was injured the first half of this season. Remember he had a season ending shoulder injury his last season with Sioux Falls in 2021. I hope that doesn’t continue to nag him. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Huh? Who are we talking about? Bast was the only defenseman that missed significant time due to injury in the first half. 

Was wondering, because I only recall him as a healthy scratch.  

12 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Huh? Who are we talking about? Bast was the only defenseman that missed significant time due to injury in the first half. 

You hadn’t heard? A very well kept secret. 

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Schloss does a good job…he’s more of a marketing tool though.  He isn’t going to press hard like a journalist covering an NHL team.

Im actually fine with that. We really don’t need negative press right now. I’ve heard indirectly/directly from one brother of a high end recruit and one dad of a higher end recruit that there is risk going the UND route. We need to keep the press positive and keep pulling in talent 

This worries me - what kind of risk?

6 minutes ago, Irish said:

This worries me - what kind of risk?

Playing a brand of hockey that doesn't lend itself to improving your draft stock among mediocre players and a mediocre head coach.  Remember, we want culture kids only here now.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, brianvf said:

I think most of us would be shocked if he doesn't enter the portal.  But if he for some reason stayed to get a ton of ice time next season, I'd be all for it.

I would be highly shocked if he was here next season.