SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 World Junior Championship

iluvdebbies

40 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Hughes may be the most overrated hockey player I've ever seen. A defenseman that is always the worst player on the ice defensively as soon as he touches the ice.

Guy was just lost on the game tying goal.  May as well had a cone out there instead.

Man I’m getting to dislike Canada intensely. Get a PPG on a play when Canuck guy holds the stick and Czech guy gets called. 
But I need to keep counting player numbers cause it looks like they have 6 guys out there they move around so fast and in right position too. 
Canada 1-0 after 1

2 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Hughes may be the most overrated hockey player I've ever seen. A defenseman that is always the worst player on the ice defensively as soon as he touches the ice.

He reminds me of another extremely overly hyped player that plays the exact same way with the first name Quinn. I think they are related! 

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

I've long thought a joint Grand Forks / Winnipeg hosting would be awesome.

I was told a few years ago by someone fairly high up with USA Hockey that the chance of GF hosting again are about zero. 

Said when US gets the bid, much larger cities want it now and they can way outbid GF.  I saw somewhere that St Paul and the Xcel Center are looking to bid for the next its available. 

8 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Why was Canada the home team last night and tonight despite being the lower seed?  Host team?? They might as well just name this tournament the Team Canada International Tournament considering they are about the only country hosting it recently. 

Not sure which game you were watching but the in the Gold Medal game on TSN they were the visiting team.   Czechia had the last change and Canada were wearing white sweaters in the game I watched.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sioux_Hab-it said:

Not sure which game you were watching but the in the Gold Medal game on TSN they were the visiting team.   Czechia had the last change and Canada were wearing white sweaters in the game I watched.

My bad I didn't hear that part.  I just saw the whites and were in the home team spot on the scoreboard. 

15 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

I was told a few years ago by someone fairly high up with USA Hockey that the chance of GF hosting again are about zero. 

Said when US gets the bid, much larger cities want it now and they can way outbid GF.  I saw somewhere that St Paul and the Xcel Center are looking to bid for the next its available. 

I hear ya.  That's why I figure GF would have to be the "Junior" host city, with Winnipeg being the primary host city.  Moncton, NB population is 79k, so not much different than GF.  Hockey enthusiasm would be on par, perhaps better in GF.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

I hear ya.  That's why I figure GF would have to be the "Junior" host city, with Winnipeg being the primary host city.  Moncton, NB population is 79k, so not much different than GF.  Hockey enthusiasm would be on par, perhaps better in GF.

Sounds like a good proposal.