SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

2 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

Decided to drive up to UNI for that D2 game, and it turned out to be one of the best games that I've ever seen.  Multiple lead changes in the 4th quarter; the difference in the game was our speed (Dressler and Chappell).  Dressler scored on a 50 yd. pass play in the last minute to win it.  Exciting game plus plus.

Plus the fact some of the fans were pretty cocky at half time - even though we were ahead. 

58 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

7-4 is predictable, 8-3 (or better) is achievable, it would mean beating someone we will not be favored to beat. 

This is the first time ever I'm expecting UND to beat NDSU.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt with their pre season ranking, but despite last years record, they didn't look all that great... there were cracks that appeared, and now they have to reload their roster.  Now that they don't have an NFL QB or Luepke to rely on, they aren't any more special than UNI, imo.   

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This is the first time ever I'm expecting UND to beat NDSU.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt with their pre season ranking, but despite last years record, they didn't look all that great... there were cracks that appeared, and now that have to reload their roster.  Now that they don't have an NFL QB or Luepke to rely on, they aren't any more special than UNI, imo.   

first time in a while that ndac's oline and dline got pushed around in the title game last year...wonder if they regress some more or if they got some younger studs waiting for their turn.

17 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This is the first time ever I'm expecting UND to beat NDSU.  They deserve the benefit of the doubt with their pre season ranking, but despite last years record, they didn't look all that great... there were cracks that appeared, and now they have to reload their roster.  Now that they don't have an NFL QB or Luepke to rely on, they aren't any more special than UNI, imo.   

Did Luepke graduate or what?

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

As we know and most have shared "It all comes down to the O line and D line". Our line coach seems to be the real deal and our recruiting in that area has been impressive. If we can match up with their lines we can beat them. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

For all home games next year could the marketing department choose people with UND or North Dakota ties to do "live" coin tosses?

Have Jimmy K on the big screens welcoming fans and greeting both teams and coaches and then he "flips" a coin and it magically falls from the rafters of the Alerus onto the turf?

Josh Duhamel for Drake

Wiz Khalifa for NAU

Chris Kuper for WIU

Jimmy K for NDAC

Phil Jackson for ISUb

Virgil Hill for ISUr

Cool idea, actually.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I thought Matt had to be out of the room when they were discussing any Valley team, not just NDSU.  So not sure how much say he had in it. 

This was after selecting teams and after they opened bids. No team has ever hosted with a lower bid. Never…..

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

For all home games next year could the marketing department choose people with UND or North Dakota ties to do "live" coin tosses?

Have Jimmy K on the big screens welcoming fans and greeting both teams and coaches and then he "flips" a coin and it magically falls from the rafters of the Alerus onto the turf?

Josh Duhamel for Drake

Wiz Khalifa for NAU

Chris Kuper for WIU

Jimmy K for NDAC

Phil Jackson for ISUb

Virgil Hill for ISUr

or better yet...sub in Chipman or Fennell for Jackson and after the coin flip he then grabs a piece of paper off their desk and flips it at the screen and a "lottery size check" falls from the rafters and chaves picks it up and shows it to the crowd and it's written out  for 1, 10, or 100 million dollars for UND athletics?

050823-F-0000C-003.JPG

2 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Think Schwenzfeier and Bubba are making a point about how bad the defense was last year? Every position up for grabs, regardless of age/role last year

Love that they are doing that! 

• Upvote 2

Will Caden Dennis have a break out year, he was supposed to have really good speed.  Now that he has been in the program for a while will we see some big plays from him?  Or will it be Eliodor making a splash with big plays for us this year on offense? Hopefully more big plays from Red this year as well.  Sure would be nice to see a couple deep ball connections with our WR's with a couple feet of separation. 

30 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Will Caden Dennis have a break out year, he was supposed to have really good speed.  Now that he has been in the program for a while will we see some big plays from him?  Or will it be Eliodor making a splash with big plays for us this year on offense? Hopefully more big plays from Red this year as well.  Sure would be nice to see a couple deep ball connections with our WR's with a couple feet of separation. 

My thought is that Tommy needs to improve his accuracy over 30 yards.  The WRs are open.  He just misses them.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FSSD said:

My thought is that Tommy needs to improve his accuracy over 30 yards.  The WRs are open.  He just misses them.

I've been a big Tommy fan, but I agree.  WR has improved enough that now it's his turn to up his game to the next level.  Time to put an end to all this Theo Day talk!

10 hours ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

Think Schwenzfeier and Bubba are making a point about how bad the defense was last year? Every position up for grabs, regardless of age/role last year

Honestly, it’s the reality. No guarantees based on how horrific the defense was last year. A few players on that list really shouldn’t be at the top of the depth chart. Hope the guys beneath them grab the top spot. 

• Upvote 1