SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

8 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Looking forward to another fun year

One and done year after year isn’t exactly fun … 

Goal needs to be to find a way to beat NDSU and SDSU and win some playoff games. Strive to improve, not stay the same. 

With that, I’m looking forward to the season, also. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's pretty good. Gonna write that down.

Goal: beat the state universities and win in playoffs

Got it. Wonder if Bubba has ever come up with an idea like that. 

Let’s form a committee to find out 

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

That's some outta the box kind of thinking. Sheesh.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, shep said:

My goal in life is to be a Consultant. Can I be the Consultant for this project?

To the working group, sure.
But I get the consultant gig with the final decision makers after they get the committee's recommendations. They'll need assistance unpacking the fact finding results. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There is a difference between writing down a goal and actually achieving that goal.

Bubba so far has been good at writing down the goals but not so good at the other part

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

That's some outta the box kind of thinking. Sheesh.

Nah, just would like to see it get done, rather than the “outta the box” word diarrhea that goes round and round on this forum to justify the mediocrity … 

ya know, as Nike says, just do it …

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nah, just would like to see it get done, rather than the “outta the box” word diarrhea that goes round and round on this forum to justify the mediocrity … 

120+ other failures annually based on this line of thinking.

It is OK to understand that success can be measured in multiple ways. Its also OK to understand that you aren't going to meet everyone's (unrealistic) expectations every year.
This is not "striving for" or "justifying" mediocrity. Doing that would be not setting goals and refusing to make any changes or reflecting/admitting where failure has occurred or changes can be made.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

At the bare minimum, I want them to make the playoffs 2 years in a row (which depending on how you count the Spring season) UND has yet to do.

At the bare minimum, I want UND to start a winning streak against USD.

That to me would at lease show SOME growth and some consistency.  Going 5-6 again keeping UND in that inconsistency range, which is maddening. 

Again, we want more that than, but we do need to have some measures where we need to look and see ok.  That is tangable progress. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

One and done year after year isn’t exactly fun … 

Goal needs to be to find a way to beat NDSU and SDSU and win some playoff games. Strive to improve, not stay the same. 

With that, I’m looking forward to the season, also. 

Boy-  You really need to get layed

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I bet if you asked most people on this forum, they wouldn’t be completely happy with where the football program is at. I can’t speak for everyone, but I don’t think there are many justifying mediocrity. We all can get frustrated at times, but I don’t see the point of constantly bitching about the same thing over and over. Sometimes some positivity and optimism is good. I am very excited for this upcoming season, and I think a win in the playoffs should be the expectation. 

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think the football program is where we want it to be. We have gone over these points so many different times and I have expressed my frustrations as well. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

At the bare minimum, I want them to make the playoffs 2 years in a row (which depending on how you count the Spring season) UND has yet to do.

At the bare minimum, I want UND to start a winning streak against USD.

That to me would at lease show SOME growth and some consistency.  Going 5-6 again keeping UND in that inconsistency range, which is maddening. 

Again, we want more that than, but we do need to have some measures where we need to look and see ok.  That is tangable progress. 

I feel bare minimum is a bye in the first round followed a win, or if we play the first round we get two wins.   We have to start making progress and I'm really hopeful about this year, the stars seem to align.    If not this year it may be a long time.   We've got the team and the schedule in our favor.

UND has come a long ways since Bubba took over. Prior to his arrival the idea of making the playoffs at all was almost non existent. Many players were on media outlets talking down their own team. There was almost no confidence in the team. Could the team do better, sure, but it could be alot worse off. The team has atc least been in the playoff conversation for a few years.