SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

14 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

It is stated the Robber was black.  Really.

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

And slender. 

Both will rule me out as a suspect in Fargo tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursd.......

13 hours ago, Cratter said:

Good article.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/north-dakota/investigators-tight-lipped-on-fatal-fargo-shooting-heres-what-authorities-are-and-are-not-saying

And as someone else previously pointed out. Seems inforum has became a lot less stringent on their paywall.

There are a lot of questions that need to be answered. 

17 hours ago, Nodak78 said:

You can't talk about that.  It will take a week to figure out the "TRUE" story to be told.  Hence FBI.

the shooter was allegedly planning to shoot up the Fargo street fair (Terrorism = FBI involved) and was spooked when officers arrived on the accident scene.  The shooter also had homemade explosives in his car and home (ATF involved)

16 minutes ago, ND1 said:

the shooter was allegedly planning to shoot up the Fargo street fair (Terrorism = FBI involved) and was spooked when officers arrived on the accident scene.  The shooter also had homemade explosives in his car and home (ATF involved)

if they knew about his plans for  street fair and allowed it to proceed...............

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if they knew about his plans for  street fair and allowed it to proceed...............

I highly doubt there was knowledge of this prior to the event happening...   I suspect their might have been a social media post or manifesto found after the shooting of the officers.  

1 minute ago, ND1 said:

I highly doubt there was knowledge of this prior to the event happening...   I suspect their might have been a social media post or manifesto found after the shooting of the officers.  

but doesn't it sound the alphabets were already in town before the shooting?

26 minutes ago, ND1 said:

where did this info come from?

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Scary situation.  Wow

4 hours ago, ND1 said:

Where did you here this? I havnt seen anything from the news or authorities about this. Cheif Zabolski was on Jay Thomas today and also didn't say anything.  If you have a reputable sources than fine  but don't just spread hearsay

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Where did you here this? I havnt seen anything from the news or authorities about this. Cheif Zabolski was on Jay Thomas today and also didn't say anything.  If you have a reputable sources than fine  but don't just spread hearsay

Zabolski comes across as a clueless, weak leader in every media interview since Wallin was murdered. Extremely unimpressive given the severity of the situation.  

.......but some would say he has a likable Barney Fife quality.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:07 PM, Nodak78 said:

You can't talk about that.  It will take a week to figure out the "TRUE" story to be told.  Hence FBI.

FBI is too busy trying to find the elderly patrons from Jan 6th . No time to prevent or investigate real crimes. They like to let them happen first instead of preventing them

7 hours ago, ND1 said:

Which mass shooter were they in the dark about? They seem to know almost all of them beforehand but the events keep happening.

16 hours ago, ND1 said:

the shooter was allegedly planning to shoot up the Fargo street fair (Terrorism = FBI involved) and was spooked when officers arrived on the accident scene.  

Seeing FPD and FFD responding to a two-car crash spooks him? This doesn't flow. The accident was over a mile from downtown street fair. Why stop for that when there's a different (alleged) plan.  

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Zabolski comes across as a clueless, weak leader in every media interview since Wallin was murdered. Extremely unimpressive given the severity of the situation.  

.......but some would say he has a likable Barney Fife quality.

Everything you need to know can be learned by watching that presser with the sound off and observing the Mayor and the lieutenants eyes and body language. The Mayor had enough at one point and moved the chief from the podium so he could say what needed be said to a tense city. 

Disclaimer:
I'm old school. I wanted a fire and brimstone "this will not stand in our city" chief, angry at an officer being taken. Let the mayor lead the city in grieving. 

On 7/17/2023 at 1:48 PM, Sioux27 said:

Sic, between your posts on bisonville and this one......realize what is in your control and what is not.  The public will be informed on a need to know basis.  

On 7/17/2023 at 4:13 PM, The Sicatoka said:

I've posted nothing on this topic at B'ville, only here. Look for yourself. I'm not sure they are even talking about it. 

To my mind, the line that was crossed was naming (including photo) the officer that ended the situation. That is reckless at best. 

Please link to what I posted on B'ville on topic. (Hint: I've said nothing there on topic.) 

PS - A former FBI agent assigned to ND and NW MN, a friend, she agrees with me that the officer that ended the situation should not have been identified by name or photo. 
PPS - "Need to know" has been used in place of "don't know" or "too scary to admit" too often. See: Vegas Route 91. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Please link to what I posted on B'ville on topic. (Hint: I've said nothing there on topic.) 

PS - A former FBI agent assigned to ND and NW MN, a friend, she agrees with me that the officer that ended the situation should not have been identified by name or photo. 
PPS - "Need to know" has been used in place of "don't know" or "too scary to admit" too often. See: Vegas Route 91. 

I only intended to say that you post on bisonville quite often and are respectful and represent UND well.   I do not believe I mentioned anything about posting on this topic.  I apologize if that wasn't clear.

Edited by Sioux27
Typo