SiouxSports.com Forum

Crime

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

1 minute ago, Sioux27 said:

I only intended to say that you post on bisonville quite often and are respectful and represent UND well.   I do not believe I mentioned anything about posting on this topic.  I apologize if that wasn't clear.

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, I do haunt there but I do my best to be a "good guest" in their house (just as I ask of guests from there here), namely respectful and factual; however the factual does not always make me well received. ;) 

18 hours ago, ND1 said:

the shooter was allegedly planning to shoot up the Fargo street fair (Terrorism = FBI involved) and was spooked when officers arrived on the accident scene.  The shooter also had homemade explosives in his car and home (ATF involved)

I have been told this also. 

I am okay with nothing being released for right now but they better start releasing information in the next couple weeks.

15 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Where did you here this? I havnt seen anything from the news or authorities about this. Cheif Zabolski was on Jay Thomas today and also didn't say anything.  If you have a reputable sources than fine  but don't just spread hearsay

You do realize this is an anonymous message board where most of the information listed here is rumor.  With that being said, very little will be said because its an active investigation and at this time the Fargo police chief has very little to do with the investigation.  The BCI and FBI have taken over the investigation.  

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

You do realize this is an anonymous message board where most of the information listed here is rumor.  With that being said, very little will be said because its an active investigation and at this time the Fargo police chief has very little to do with the investigation.  The BCI and FBI have taken over the investigation.  

I'm well aware of how an investigation works. I just don't see why we need to spread rumors. 

20 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

I'm well aware of how an investigation works. I just don't see why we need to spread rumors. 

Then why are you surprised you haven't seen anything on the news or from the authorities? 

Talk to anyone in the LE arena around Fargo and you learn quickly this is far from a rumor.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Then why are you surprised you haven't seen anything on the news or from the authorities? 

Talk to anyone in the LE arena around Fargo and you learn quickly this is far from a rumor.

Never said I was surprised that nothing has been said. I was wondering who your source was because nothing had been released. 

13 minutes ago, Cratter said:

When I lived in Fargo, one of the first things I learned was they love rumors!

....I don't think one of them came true.

HEY!
Their long rumored Sonic came true! 

(Get the app for half price strawberry limeade. Top shelf! Worth the stop when driving through.) 

So we continue to learn more about the good guys than the bad guys. What don't they want to tell the public. 

(Fargo, ND) -- The North Dakota Attorney General's Office is planning on holding a press conference Wednesday, July 19th at 3:00 p.m. inside Fargo City Hall.

The conference will focus on the North Dakota Bureau of Criminal Investigation's detailed look into ... use of force against suspected shooter Mohamad Barakat. The exchange of gunfire resulted in Fargo Officer Jake Wallin's death, along with critically injuring officers Tyler Hawes, Andrew Dotas, and bystander Karlee Koswick. ... 

"As all of the details become available, I think everyone is going to really recognize the significance of ... actions," said Fargo Police Chief Dave Zibolski. 

https://www.wdayradionow.com/news/local-news/66383-investigators-to-share-more-information-regarding-officer-use-of-force-from 

Note: I removed the name of the officer who stopped the shooter from my post not as disrespect but because I believe by naming him he's been further endangered. I will not follow that pattern. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

ND Attorney General (UND alumnus) Drew Wrigley leading the BCI press conference. 

The Fargo chief of police is out of town. Not sure what is more important to attend to at this time. 

Looks like the chief of police is there.  I thought DW said he was out of town as well.

5 minutes ago, Sioux27 said:

Looks like the chief of police is there.  I thought DW said he was out of town as well.

I heard the same; however, the chief is there.
I changed my post. 

Yes, the officer took a shot that disabled the long rifle. It is amazing; but, that's called great fortune (also known as lucky shot that missed center of mass). 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What was in the vehicle seems more than a one person plan. 

Holy cow that was a lot of ammo and guns etc in his car.  I would agree this was likely going to involve more than just himself.

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

.....on a side note with all the perpetrators in these recent violent crimes and shooting in the FM area I'm shocked we haven't heard from Faith Dixon or Wess Philome

Tune into the next police advisory board meeting. I'm sure they will have something to say

5 minutes ago, Green Banner said:

Tune into the next police advisory board meeting. I'm sure they will have something to say

Consider who's been committing  these recent violent crimes hopefully they'll offer up an apology.  

...that's if Faith can pull herself away from the Pizza Ranch buffet off of Hiway 10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Some light reading (courtesy KVRR TV Fargo) while you wait for Friday's BCI/FBI press conference. 

https://www.kvrr.com/tag/shooting/ 

https://www.kvrr.com/tag/murder/ 

This is apparently "none of the above".
https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023/07/14/fargo-man-arrested-attempted-murder-allegedly-attacking-another-man/ 

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Consider who's been committing  these recent violent crimes hopefully they'll offer up an apology.  

...that's if Faith can pull herself away from the Pizza Ranch buffet off of Hiway 10.

These boards & the chiefs have effectively neutered the department.  Reactive not proactive.