SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UND Friday

Langster019

2 minutes ago, Washburn Sioux said:

Denver was due, it had been a long time since they won in the Ralph. 

Yea, must have been the extra energy they had in the tank after a flight to MInneapolis and a 5 hour drive to Grand Forks.  Easy to see how they had the jump on UND tonight after being so well-rested.

• Upvote 4

Just now, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Not impressed. Sloppy defensively, turnovers, and undisciplined. Berry needs to figure it out, and quickly.

Well, hate to disappoint you, but he won’t. We’ve been expecting things to change under him for to long regarding everything you just said. He’s average 

11 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

Who has improved since last year? It’s like all development stalled. Guys like Costantini, Schmaltz, Caulfield, Frisch, Kleven. Everyone. This team just leaves you wanting more and it isn’t happening. Looks like a bubble team to me unless things change. 

Starting to look like another bust class. They overachieved last year, and now underachieving this year. Oy gevalt…

• Upvote 1

I imagine this is what DU's message board would have looked like last year about this time when they came to the Ralph and got swept by UND.
All doom and gloom and saying that they wanted Carle fired and that their players all weren't developing.

That is...of course...if DU had a message board...or fans, for that matter.

It seemed to work out fine for DU last year. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I imagine this is what DU's message board would have looked like last year about this time when they came to the Ralph and got swept by UND.
All doom and gloom and saying that they wanted Carle fired and that their players all weren't developing.

That is...of course...if DU had a message board...or fans, for that matter.

It seemed to work out fine for DU last year. 

I’ll give you that 

Only one regulation win in the past eight games. Obviously nowhere near good enough. Hopefully they stop digging the hole starting tomorrow night. In a lot of these games it appears the opponent is just quicker and faster. Not what I expected when the season began. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Only one regulation win in the past eight games. Obviously nowhere near good enough. Hopefully they stop digging the hole starting tomorrow night. In a lot of these games it appears the opponent is just quicker and faster. Not what I expected when the season began. 

I really thought it would be our season. Usually we are so fast on the ice but we simply keep getting outplayed every game. The other team wants it more. We look slow compared to whoever we play, save Holy Cross

I thought they played good tonight but couldn’t get that 2nd greasy goal after Ness but had a few chances. I think DeRidder may want one of the goals back tonight but he made some big saves. 

Denver is more skilled and faster. Structurally Sioux had a chance to win because of coaching. But recruiting matters and Denver is currently more talented.

• Upvote 1