SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UND Friday

Langster019

Make series this weekend against a good team. Time to buck up and let’s see what they’re made of.

main reason for me starting a post so I can get some Intel from you guys. Have a pregnant wife and toddler and coming in from out of town to come to the series. Tips or tricks on where to park around the Ralph to avoid taking a bar shuttle. Do they allow drop off and pick up closer to the door?

43 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Make series this weekend against a good team. Time to buck up and let’s see what they’re made of.

main reason for me starting a post so I can get some Intel from you guys. Have a pregnant wife and toddler and coming in from out of town to come to the series. Tips or tricks on where to park around the Ralph to avoid taking a bar shuttle. Do they allow drop off and pick up closer to the door?

You can get dropped off in front of the main door, pretty quick in and out for drop off

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

There are three paid parking lots directly to the north of the Ralph. The furthest away, Bank Forward, is $20 (or is it $10? My brain is failing me at the moment. Help?), the money goes to Special Olympics, and they run one shuttle car to the front door if you are willing to wait around for it or are lucky enough to show up when it is in the lot. I don't think the shuttle is available after the game. In fair weather it's not a bad walk. The other lots get a little more expensive as you get closer to the arena. Added bonus for all of these since you have a young family along, you only need to cross one street, and the intersection is regulated by parking attendants.

17 hours ago, Kevin G said:

So far this season:

• Points leader: Chris Jandric, 12.
  • Goal leader: Riese Gaber, 8.
  • +/- leader: Jandric, +5. 
  • +/- laggard: Tyler Klever, -7.

Denver so far this season:

• Points leader: Massimo Rizzo, 17
  • Goal leader: Carter Mazur, 10.
  • +/- leader: Rizzo, +10
  • +/- laggard: Brett Edwards, -3

Their top line of Rizzo, Dornbach, and Mazur have a combined 44 points in ten games. Then their point production drops off significantly. Gonna have to have our make shift heavy line shut them down on line matching to give us a chance. I Expect some of younger guys to really step up in this big series at home. 

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Need at least a split. Getting swept at home would be unacceptable (Copyright @Goon 2022 ALL Rights Reserved).

At this point I just want to be able to make it into town and have the games played on their scheduled nights. 

Mother Nature is a bitch and she can go to hell. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-hoping-to-get-a-couple-of-players-back-for-denver-series

"At the end of the day, we have some guys coming in," Berry said. "We have another practice (Thursday), and I think at the end of the day, we'll have a couple of options going forward."

The top candidates to return are Strinden and Hain.

Strinden, a freshman forward from Fargo, has gradually increased his reps at practice this week and is trending toward being ready. The Nashville Predators seventh-round draft is the most likely to be available come Friday's series opener.

Hain, a fifth-year senior from Grand Rapids, Minn., also has returned to practice. Hain is questionable for the series with an injury he has been battling for a few weeks.

Albrecht is doubtful for the series against the Pioneers. He has missed the last three games.

Montgomery and Bast, who have been bothered by nagging injuries since this fall, are not expected to be available.

19 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

So  is Denver here already? They just said the GF airport has canceled all incoming and outgoing flights for today. 

Schloss says DU flies into FAR and buses. But I29 is closed north of Fargo. 

I hope DU Hockey and USD Football and Omaha Volleyball all get a lot of time to know each other at the West Acres Motel 6 or Fargo Inn and Suites until ... whenever. Or maybe NDSU can put them up at Stockbridge. (I hear their enrollment is down so they should have rooms.)