SiouxSports.com Forum

DU @ UND Friday

Langster019

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Brad’s article mentioned it, but Kleven was injured in the 1st and didn’t return. Guessing that means there’s a good chance he doesn’t play tonight. 
This team sure has dealt with it’s fair share of injuries over the last few years. 

Berry said that he'd be evaluated this morning. They didn't know the extent of his injury. 

3 hours ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Albrecht needs to be in the lineup.  

Last I heard, he was injured but I agree with you. Maybe he’s not the heralded high end recruit but his motor is always running and he brings an intangible to the team that can’t be taught. He brings it whenever he gets the opportunity to play. 

• Upvote 1

Denver knew exactly what it needed to do to get the victory last night despite all the travel issues.   UND might get boat raced tonight. All grind(all be it no grit) minus speed and skill is where UND is at.  They can get blue chip defense but no forwards.  I hope they have taken down all speed kills signs in the locker room area as it has become irrelevant with this program.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Denver knew exactly what it needed to do to get the victory last night despite all the travel issues.   UND might get boat raced tonight. All grind(all be it no grit) minus speed and skill is where UND is at.  They can get blue chip defense but no forwards.  I hope they have taken down all speed kills signs in the locker room area as it has become irrelevant with this program.

But that's what the portal is for, right? :silly:

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Yea, every team makes the playoffs. The rate we’re going, we’ll be on the road in the first round at somewhere like Denver or Western. 

I would guess we'll still be top 4 in NCHC and be home for first round, despite our recent struggles.
The NCAA playoff picture is a bit murkier however.  Our OOC record thus far isn't going to help.  Still have a couple remaining OOC series against BSU and Lindenwood...need better results in those four games.

4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

That’s what I’ve been thinking. Some much line switching, getting a bit desperate.

someone else pointed out, one reg win in the last 8. That’s actually really bad for this program. Need to turn it around tonight. Denver wasn’t that much better than us, we just have a tough time actually winning. Need to stay out of the box. 

sure these are games against top ranked teams but if we can’t win any games-lessor opponents get that much more important. Zero margin for error.

Team is very inconsistent. Maybe its time to set some lines and let it ride for a couple weekends.  Most are NHL draft picks for a reason. Go let them play their game. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SKondrashkin said:

Sanderson didn't play after January last year.  Ironically Feb. is when they went on that big winning streak to end regular season and win the league title.         

Sanderson’s spot duty aside, the only significant loss is Connor Ford.    
Yea it’s still early but this team is underperforming something fierce.  Like the only returning players on the entire roster who have upped their game is Jandric, Portz and maybe Hain.  

Don't forget Ashton Calder, now with Penn State. We could really use that guy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

Brad’s article mentioned it, but Kleven was injured in the 1st and didn’t return. 

He’s been so porous this season that even while out last night, he still picked up a -1 in the second period along with a -2 in the third…

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Yea, every team makes the playoffs. The rate we’re going, we’ll be on the road in the first round at somewhere like Denver or Western. 

I’m no odds-expert but I have to think a road series at Denver or Western = a pretty sparse Hoggsbreath crowd a week later.