SiouxSports.com Forum

ACU @ UND 10/29/22

Dustin

We need 3 wins in the last 4 weeks to make the playoffs.  We got one today. Was it pretty at all times no.  It this team grounded out a win against a 5-2 team. That last drive to seal the win was an 8 minute drive to kneel out the clock. That is what good teams do. Ugly wins still count the same as pretty wins. Just keep winning. #7WinsWeAreIn :D

• Upvote 3

UND plays a 1-7 team on the road and then against a 2-6 team at home before the big one in Fargo. Definitely got a shot to make some noise here, but UND needs to keep their composure and execute. Concerning thing is, despite the 1-7 and 2-6 records of Indiana State and South Dakota, respectively, we all know what Bubba led teams have done in the past. It haunts me.

Let’s see if 2022 is any different. 

Go Hawks! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Not many people mentioned Ziebarth’s role in that last drive. We trusted him with the ball when it mattered says a lot about him . We needed to pound the ball and he had fresh legs. He gave hoos some rest for the final set of downs. Good to have three great backs that we can rely on!

Wonder if he will get a few more carries down the stretch for that purpose. 

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

208 kick return yards yesterday did not put our defense in the best position, that needs to be fixed immediately!

116 combined return yards was bad enough against SDSU

kostitch has a lifetime contract apparently....he aint going anywhere

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Something that brought a tear to my eye yesterday … return of the traditional green helmet, green jersey*, white pants. I’ll take a ton more of that, please. Thanks. 

*yes, I understand the style of the jersey with white shoulders is a bit goofy, but still the best overall look. Next time, have Adidas just give us nice clean all KELLY green jerseys with white numerals, black outline. 

Normally my favorite uniform is the traditional green jersey with white pants. But I forgot how much I don't like those new green tops with the dumb white on the shoulders.  I think our black jerseys are our best ones now at this point. 

Game was far from perfect, but a win is a win.  

42 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Normally my favorite uniform is the traditional green jersey with white pants. But I forgot how much I don't like those new green tops with the dumb white on the shoulders.  I think our black jerseys are our best ones now at this point. 

Game was far from perfect, but a win is a win.  

I respectfully disagree. Black on black is a nice change up, but should not be standard for the University of North Dakota. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

https://undfootball360.com/und-prevails-in-a-wild-one-against-abilene-christian/

I felt Kelly didn't call out the defense too hard in his write-up.  Is he too soft on them?  Our inability to cover defensively when opposing offense goes max-protect is just so deflating.

The effectiveness of max protect against UND’s defenses over the years suggests UND’s DBs struggle. UND defense very reliant on getting pressure on the QB.