SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Otis situation was the center of it.  Guys need to believe. 

My sr year at UND was a mess.  Some of our best players were seniors also and were pains in the ass and made sure it wasn't cool to  buy into anything.  Our top rb in particular, whenever there was any kind of fire or excitement in the locker room he'd shoot it down.  Pretty much roll his eyes or worse.   It was near the end of the Pat Behrns era and most or all didn't respect him but wouldn't get past that. 

when your best players aren't bought in it kills the team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That’s fair. But 5-6 or 4-7 is probably still okay for Chaves, as long as hockey is out in Vegas and giving people something to do and travel to in March/April. 

At some point, the football program needs someone in the administration to take a look at and decide are we going to be a hockey only school, or are we going have other sports programs that all of us can be proud of? We need to finish phase two. This game is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. 

1 minute ago, Goon said:

At some point, the football program needs someone in the administration to take a look at and decide are we going to be a hockey only school, or are we going have other sports programs that all of us can be proud of? We need to finish phase two. This game is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. 

this has nothing to do with either phase 1 or 2 or 3 of a building on campus....

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Chaves is probably prepping the Ralph for next weekends big game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

this has nothing to do with either phase 1 or 2 or 3 of a building on campus....

It has an effect on recruiting if your school's facilities aren't up to snuff. I'd be open for a new  coaching staff, too. 

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Yeah, for sure. Being a hockey only school in the USA is a bold decision, but I guess it’s no different than the past 20 years of questionable decisions … 

…makes Grand Forks (aka Southern Canada) happy but does nothing for UND on the national stage