SiouxSports.com Forum

(Almost too soon) 2022 season

undVBfan

It was only on the NDSU website. $7 to watch, with no commentary. Summit league needs to get their sh*t together and put all games in one platform. It’s ridiculous that if you want to watch all UND games, you have to pay and subscribe to all other teams platforms, some are free, some are not. I’d be willing to guess there would be a bunch of people willing to pay a yearly price to watch all Summit league games. Big Sky figured it out at had all conference games on peacock/whatever. 

also, horns down!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/9/2022 at 1:13 PM, loyalundfan said:

It was only on the NDSU website. $7 to watch, with no commentary. Summit league needs to get their sh*t together and put all games in one platform. It’s ridiculous that if you want to watch all UND games, you have to pay and subscribe to all other teams platforms, some are free, some are not. I’d be willing to guess there would be a bunch of people willing to pay a yearly price to watch all Summit league games. Big Sky figured it out at had all conference games on peacock/whatever. 

also, horns down!

Every school seems to have a different service. 100% agree it all needs to be on one service for the whole conference. We need to do better! 

• Upvote 1

Two big opponents this weekend. Denver and Omaha. Hoping we can pull out a win from them, if they play together and as a team the girls can do it. If they play separately no way Jose. 

I believe they can keep this up. And I think they can beat SDSU (our only loss in conference so far) second time around. Really getting excited for the rest of season! Lady Hawks Fly! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm nervous for this weekend as I could see this as the traditional bump in the road for a team that is still trying to learn to win.

If they even get 1 win in this road trip, take it and run with it. 

One win this weekend on the road against two of the top teams would definitely be a big step forward.  They have to be big under dogs on both matches.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:54 AM, loyalundfan said:

Omaha looked really good… they must have had a bad road trip to the South Dakota’s to start conference. They haven’t dropped a set since. NDSU beat Denver in 3 last night, so hoping we can pull one off and come home 1-1 this weekend!

Just something to note- Omaha switched from (former SOY) Clarkson to a two-setter system after their SD trip.  Just like last year when Coach Buttermore switched from Senior Mountjoy to Soph Centeno at Libero, but kept (former DPOY) Mountjoy in the lineup.  Basically had two liberos out there most of the time.  They were the #1 defense last year (and won the regular season).  I think Buttermore is a really good XnOs coach.

For your coach to go from winless to a top-6 or top-5 season, I assume he knows what the hell he is doing, too.  Especially what he has done with Norris, giving her more opportunities.  I'm also thinking he is a good "culture" guy.  Winless seasons can just totally gut the culture and locker-room.  I'm surprised you guys aren't happy with taking Denver to 5 sets, but I guess that just shows you are a fanbase with high expectations.  Nothing wrong with that, but I'd say enjoy the ride.  This is a season to celebrate.

And BTW, feel free to beat the Bison again.  Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 4