SiouxSports.com Forum

(Almost too soon) 2022 season

undVBfan

37 minutes ago, kiyoat said:

I'm surprised you guys aren't happy with taking Denver to 5 sets

Doing this on the road, though it was ultimately a loss, is still a huge step forward.  I think that road win against the Bison really upped the ante on the season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Nodak78 said:

I see a bunch of football support.  Looking for some hockey and basketball.

Announcers talked about the unity UND shirts they’re all wearing in regards to this.  They specifically mentioned football, women’s bb, soccer, track, and cross country.  Love the shirts and the mutual support.  Noticed no hockey.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Side note

I love having st Thomas in the league

I think they will be relevant in most sports most years. Solid addition, but they might take take away chances for conference championships from us :blink:

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Don’t know how st Thomas has won only three games this year

I sometimes think the same thing about how we have been able to get our 8 wins.  Maybe UST is better than their record and we’re seeing it tonight. 

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I lose track

how many of our main contributors are underclassmen?

I would consider Norris, Olson, and Barber as main contributors, and they are all underclassmen.  Ward and Stockman are graduate students. 

1 hour ago, Class_of_98 said:

Announcers talked about the unity UND shirts they’re all wearing in regards to this.  They specifically mentioned football, women’s bb, soccer, track, and cross country.  Love the shirts and the mutual support.  Noticed no hockey.

I think the Hockey team is on road.

3 hours ago, Dustin said:

I think they will be relevant in most sports most years. Solid addition, but they might take take away chances for conference championships from us :blink:

I think they have the potential to compete for a top 3 spot in the next 4/6 years. They are one of two D1 schools in MN (gophers being the other). Beautiful campus in St. Paul. Private school = really nice facilities. The best of the best go to the U of M, but I could see them getting the next tier of recruits (especially if they want to stay close to home). And for volleyball that is some really really good talent, as MN is a top 5 state for volleyball recruiting. 

Tonight’s match was fun to watch. Notices Lipetzki played for Ortqvist, and McCormick took the libero spot for Carney after 2 sets. Looks like they are still working through a few things, but they played hard, and had a nice distribution, good serving, and the crowd is getting there!