SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Olympics

brianvf

19 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Allowing the Russian female figure skater to continue on with the competitive after getting caught is wrong. Politics everywhere 

Oh ... but, but, but, ... she's a minor and didn't know what was being given to her ... 

< sigh > 

Does this mean "ROC" is no better than "Russia" and they'll have to make up another fake, shady entity to sent Russians to the Olympics? 

28 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Oh ... but, but, but, ... she's a minor and didn't know what was being given to her ... 

< sigh > 

Does this mean "ROC" is no better than "Russia" and they'll have to make up another fake, shady entity to sent Russians to the Olympics? 

Russia needed to be banned for at least two Olympics (Summer and Winter). 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, Oxbow6 said:

What's the over/under on the cost of the therapy sessions over the next 4 years for Mikaela Shiffrin?

Lasted a total of 16 seconds in 2 races....goodness.

Now 9th in the Super-G. 

Her and Simone might want to open a self help clinic together. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Allowing the Russian female figure skater to continue on with the competitive after getting caught is wrong. Politics everywhere 

I'm cautiously optimistic that CAS reinstates the ban. That said, I won't be surprised if this is similar to the East German doping and athletes may not have known, especially minors. 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:16 AM, farce poobah said:

Of all the Olympic athletes that seem like regular people, the US Curling Team seems like the ones most likely to find at the local tavern/cafe, to share a beer/coffee with.

Worked with one of the guys. All pretty ordinary dudes that happened to have curled most of their lives and are now at the top of the sport.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Curling team is going to have to rally once against after dropping games against Norway and Canada.

They may need to win out in order to defend their crown

Luckily they have some of the worst teams coming up. Not looking sharp in this Olympics but they also didn’t in South Korea until they went on a roll and won out. They still control their own destiny so hopefully they play desperate.

3 minutes ago, Sioux&gt;Bison said:

Luckily they have some of the worst teams coming up. Not looking sharp in this Olympics but they also didn’t in South Korea until they went on a roll and won out. They still control their own destiny so hopefully they play desperate.

That's all true

hope history repeats itself, but if it doesn't... always have 2018. Have nothing left to prove. 

I just cannot believe the tolerance for Russian doping.  The ENTIRE country is banned due to doping.  The (healthy young) RUSSIAN skater is found to have a banned cardiac drug- as well as 2 more non banned cardiac substances- and her grandfather just happens to be taking the banned drug (need I say ACCESS?), and instead of being banned, she gets to compete and possibly keep medals.... 

If she were a USA skater- next bus outta town for sure.

I really have no respect for these Olympics.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

I just cannot believe the tolerance for Russian doping.  The ENTIRE country is banned due to doping.  The (healthy young) RUSSIAN skater is found to have a banned cardiac drug- as well as 2 more non banned cardiac substances- and her grandfather just happens to be taking the banned drug (need I say ACCESS?), and instead of being banned, she gets to compete and possibly keep medals.... 

Oh, have those started already?;)

12 hours ago, LuvHockey said:

I just cannot believe the tolerance for Russian doping. The (healthy young) RUSSIAN skater is found to have a banned cardiac drug...and instead of being banned, she gets to compete and possibly keep medals.... 

Yet if you're an asymptomatic Covid positive athlete you get sent to a Uyghur camp and placed in "the hole" for almost 2 weeks.

• Upvote 1