SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Football Season

Dustin

20 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Don't think he got a raw deal other than we were unable to pay him what he received to move to SDSU!

My statement above was incorrect.  Bubba was named head coach between Christmas and New Years of 2013.  In January, 2014, prior to Bubba completing his staff, Schleusner made the deal to move to SDSU (announced in early February).  

So.... he left due to the coaching change and (probably) not knowing if he would be retained at UND.  Either way, he did make considerably more at SDSU.

1 hour ago, UND Fan said:

My statement above was incorrect.  Bubba was named head coach between Christmas and New Years of 2013.  In January, 2014, prior to Bubba completing his staff, Schleusner made the deal to move to SDSU (announced in early February).  

So.... he left due to the coaching change and (probably) not knowing if he would be retained at UND.  Either way, he did make considerably more at SDSU.

Not that it matters, I don't think that part is accurate based on what I can find in the state salary databases, though I can't confirm 100%.
Also, guessing by February, he probably knew he wasn't going to be on the staff or wasn't interested in the position he was offered.
He was a solid coach and a good recruiter, not surprised to see he's continued to do well.

I don’t think this is popular amongst all (especially the crowd that would rather have someone with no connection to UND or even the area) but I’m all in on Freund being the heir apparent and I kind of think that may be the plan, although I have zero knowledge on that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t think this is popular amongst all (especially the crowd that would rather have someone with no connection to UND or even the area) but I’m all in on Freund being the heir apparent and I kind of think that may be the plan, although I have zero knowledge on that. 

I'd be ok with that too.  Danny has a very peppy and upbeat personality and I think players would really love to play for him and buy in.  Also, if that did happen I would hope it would happen immediately and not have to go through that 30 day window and watch a ton of transfers occur in the meantime.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Both sides of the ball have complicated schemes to learn. Caden Denis has burned his shirt though 

I like what I'm seeing out of him. Hope they can keep getting him the ball more and more. Would be nice to have the reliable deep ball heading towards the playoffs.

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I like what I'm seeing out of him. Hope they can keep getting him the ball more and more. Would be nice to have the reliable deep ball heading towards the playoffs.

Might be able to sneak up on a team with him since there isn't much footage out there.  Only 5 catches on the season.  Maybe a coming out party in Fargo???

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Tom Miller has an article on Caden Dennis.  Danny said he is very smart much like Bo and we are going to use Caden more down the stretch.  Liking this.  More weapons.

I'm seeing some Belquist in Jack Wright who is also a very good blocker.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

In the SDSU/NDSU game, SDSU had the better defense. NDSU defense was having trouble with angles and wrapping up. 

Not saying I disagree with you, but lets remember the NDSU offense was going through the SDSU defense like warm butter to start the game.  If not for that dumb pass that got picked they would likely have hung 28 points on SDSU in the first half, and that is with NDSU's supposedly inferior offense to SDSU.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Not saying I disagree with you, but lets remember the NDSU offense was going through the SDSU defense like warm butter to start the game.  If not for that dumb pass that got picked they would likely have hung 28 points on SDSU in the first half, and that is with NDSU's supposedly inferior offense to SDSU.  

Didn’t the Hawks do pretty much the same thing. —- in the 1st half

54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Many you’re negative. Debbie downer. 

I hope UND will beat NDSU. 

You hope UND will beat NDSU...really....wow wish I did (sarcasm).  Negative because I don't think we will probably go down and score on our first two possessions at NDSU, ok.  This coming from the guy who said......he doesn't even think our team will be ready to play against Nebraska.....ok got it.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You hope UND will beat NDSU...really....wow wish I did (sarcasm).  Negative because I don't think we will probably go down and score on our first two possessions at NDSU, ok.  This coming from the guy who said......he doesn't even think our team will be ready to play against Nebraska.....ok got it.  

UND lost by 21 to one of the worst Nebraska teams of all time … not happy with that. I’m glad (sort of) that you are, I guess …

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND lost by 21 to one of the worst Nebraska teams of all time … not happy with that. I’m glad (sort of) that you are, I guess …

Where in my comment did I say I was happy losing to Nebraska by 21???   I didn't say I was happy with it.  But you did say....you don't even think Bubba would have the team ready to play/compete in that game.  As in it would be a one sided game from the opening kickoff, we were tied at half.  I'm not happy with the end result and final score....but our guys were ready to play.  Let's see how you can spin my comments next about how I've got a losers mentality. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Where in my comment did I say I was happy losing to Nebraska by 21???   I didn't say I was happy with it.  But you did say....you don't even think Bubba would have the team ready to play/compete in that game.  As in it would be a one sided game from the opening kickoff, we were tied at half.  I'm not happy with the end result and final score....but our guys were ready to play.  Let's see how you can spin my comments next about how I've got a losers mentality. 

I don’t care about “ready to play”

wins and loses is what matters 

• Downvote 1