SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SDSU (Beat the bunnies)

siouxfan512

3 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I get it! This season had all the makings of what should have been a deep playoff run. the reasons that we lost those games were unacceptable, but they were good games.

As someone else said on here, it seems like every time we are poised for that big time step and the fanbase is really starting to get into it, there is a major letdown. This season is just another one.

Spot on. This program needs consistency. This season is just another in a long series of letdowns since going DI. Hopeful for win against SDSU to secure winning season and hopefully back on track for 2022.

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Getting impatient with the two decade rebuild, that’s all. 

I am too, but so are about 125 other FCS fan bases.  

That doesn’t mean I’m ok with us being mediocre. I realistically won’t be happy until we are perennial top 10 team competing for Championships. And realistically won’t be happy until we win one. Hell SDSU hasn’t even won one yet, and they are one of the FCS football darlings.  I hope our next 20 years is better than their last 20 years, because in 20 years if we haven’t won one, it’s a failure.  SDSU has been really really good, but until you win it, it’s almost all for not. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I am too, but so are about 125 other FCS fan bases.  

That doesn’t mean I’m ok with us being mediocre. I realistically won’t be happy until we are perennial top 10 team competing for Championships. And realistically won’t be happy until we win one. Hell SDSU hasn’t even won one yet, and they are one of the FCS football darlings.  I hope our next 20 years is better than their last 20 years, because in 20 years if we haven’t won one, it’s a failure.  SDSU has been really really good, but until you win it, it’s almost all for not. 

South Dakota State has been very good and consistent, like you said, so I wouldn’t compare them to UND. I’m not asking for several FCS championships, although unfortunately that benchmark was set by our rival, but rather just consistency.

It’s crazy to me that UND has missed the playoffs as often as they have under Bubba. Solid season followed by disaster season over and over again - it’s mediocrity at its core.

oh well, let’s go for a win against South Dakota State and go from there! Go Hawks 

21 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Hoping UND can find a way to get the run game going today. As usual, may need to hit a few deep balls to do so. Jacks are going to be out for blood after this spring and last weekend. Need to play smart and limit mistakes!

Absolutely - UND won’t win this game without takeaways (win turnover battle) and disciplined play (minimize penalties).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Hoping UND can find a way to get the run game going today. As usual, may need to hit a few deep balls to do so. Jacks are going to be out for blood after this spring and last weekend. Need to play smart and limit mistakes!

Sounds like running up the middle is going to be tough against SDSU.  I think we need to see Ziebarth a little earlier today taking it around the edge.  Or Smith, might need some screen passes today.  Let's hope Danny is on his game today.