SiouxSports.com Forum

Illinois State @ UND 11/13/21

sioux24/7

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Easy to make this game a defensive game. UND and Bubba made this a defensive game by playing down to their opponent rather than playing aggressive and getting the game over with. This philosophy has followed Bubba every season, so it’s no longer just a theory at this point …

NDSU scored 20, USD scored 14…….. they must play Bubba ball too…….

and both those teams clearly suck……..

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

NDSU scored 20, USD scored 14…….. they must play Bubba ball too…….

and both those teams clearly suck……..

When did NDSU score only 20?  Or USD score only 14? 

and I wouldn’t say those two teams “suck”, as both will be playoffs.

UND scores minimally and they do seem to “suck” this year, at least compared to those teams you mentioned. They played USD and NDSU close, but ultimately UND scoring only 13 points and 10 points in those games, respectively, cost UND those games. 

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

When did NDSU 20?  Or USD score 14?

UND scores minimally and they do seem to “suck” this year, at least compared to those teams you mentioned. They played USD and NDSU close, but ultimately UND scoring only 13 points and 10 points in those games, respectively, cost UND those games. 

He was referring to how much NDSU and USD scored on Illinois State

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

When did NDSU score only 20?  Or USD score only 14? 

Read the past above by FN Hawks……

so we can’t compare other Ill St games?

50 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Hey how bout that d today 

Could we have beaten JMU in the spring if we had this fall’s Defense? We seemed to figure out how to stop the run.

Another observation about our depth on defense. If we were down this many starters in previous years we wouldn’t be pulling off wins or close games. Good to see our depth finally developing!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Could we have beaten JMU in the spring if we had this fall’s Defense? We seemed to figure out how to stop the run.

Another observation about our depth on defense. If we were down this many starters in previous years we wouldn’t be pulling off wins or close games. Good to see our depth finally developing!

Seems like our recruiting has been very good these past few years on both sides of the ball, and I'm really looking forward to some of the RS who have not played this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

We’re fans of a team. Not analysts. Not sports bookies. It is very normal to see things glass half full with a team you love. It isn’t fun to crap on them all the time. So many of us don’t. You do. You be you. Rock on. Just remember though you being hard on them does as much as others being soft on them does — nothing. Being delusional is fun. That’s why we’re fans. We put the fan in fanatic.  

YES!!! 

I wanted to upvote this, but that didn't convey my true feelings. 

WELL SAID

• Upvote 1

Was thinking here we go again’ a few fumbles in scoring position

a field goal doink off the goal post

then we make a few plays that put is on position to win ,defense kept us in it

a few head scratcher reviews by refs, the fumble by Maag was one?

but we win and on to next week, let’s give SDSU another loss