SiouxSports.com Forum

2021 Game Day - NDSU vs UND at Alerus Center

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

I don’t think Tommy will ever be able to get it done against a good defense, everything with him has to be perfect because of his arm strength. He isn’t a very good threat to throw the ball down the field and it doesn’t help that we don’t have good deep threats anyways.

Tommy interception at 25, if he throws away we have shot at 42 yard field goal. 

Bubba deciding to go for it on own 20 with the defense playing really well.

4th and 2 reverse call…

Clock management before the half…

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

I don’t think Tommy will ever be able to get it done against a good defense, everything with him has to be perfect because of his arm strength. He isn’t a very good threat to throw the ball down the field and it doesn’t help that we don’t have good deep threats anyways.

4th and 2 reverse call…

Clock management before the half…

Four very important plays.  I will also add when NDSU was punting from their own end zone in the 4th I had visions of the Montana State blocked punt running through my head.  Then we rush 2…..

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dustin said:

I know so many of us have been clamoring for the offense to be aggressive (especially after Rudy), and we have done that but we just can’t seem to the right plays called at the right time. Against these guys anyway. 

And false start the two times we had Boltman behind center

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

4th and 2 reverse call…

These are the three plays where it feels UND had a shot to win and threw a very winnable game away.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hambone said:

Four very important plays.  I will also add when NDSU was punting from their own end zone in the 4th I had visions of the Montana State blocked punt running through my head.  Then we rush 2…..

When it was Bison ball at their  1/2 yard line, I really thought either our defense or special teams was about to make a play we regale for years. 

Just now, Cratter said:

These are the three plays where it feels UND had a shot to win and threw a very winnable game away.

We had no problem completing passes for 2-4 yards all night and do not try it when NDSU is selling on run bc thats what we hdid on 4th all day.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

When it was Bison ball at their  1/2 yard line, I really thought either our defense or special teams was about to make a play we regale for years. 

Wouldn’t have hurt to have fans on the catwalk in that spot…….

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

brett made some adjustsments from last year but danny......holy cow

On the Midco broadcast one of the announcers said Holinka took responsibility for last spring’s game. So yeah, kudos to him for an extremely good effort.  An upgrade from Schmidt, IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Tommy threw a nice long TD under pressure.

When you run the ball that many times your RB should be able to bust one open eventually.

Should have kept Isiah in the mix. Either him, Otis, or Luke probably would have broke one. 

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Can’t tell yet if both defenses are incredible or both offenses were bad, but these are evenly matched teams at this stage. 

could have gone either way today.

Either UND is better than many people think or this years Bison team have a ways to go to compete with Bison teams of the past.

This is on bubba

dumb call on 4th down ,you just handed them 3 points

until they get rid of all the motions and gadget plays this is what we will expect, we outsmart ourselves 

schuster should know better than throw that pass 

maag was limping all day, hamstring can’t be good 

1 minute ago, Kab said:

This is on bubba

until they get rid of all the motions and gadget plays this is what we will expect, we outsmart ourselves 

Defense was easily good enough to win.  The offense is exhausting to watch at times.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kab said:

This is on bubba

Yeah of all the times to go for it today and he picks that one……. Come on man!