SiouxSports.com Forum

How come no game day page in Herald for the top ranked college football team in state

Dagger

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

I don't think anyone is blaming Tom.  The problem is that Tom is a one man show with little 

Schloss is a one man show too and has way more hockey news

not blaming Tom but why would they have him drive to a game, not a good use of his time 

UND football is not a forum priority

you should always keep things local no matter what the business is or you are controlled by others 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Everything being centralized in Fargo has been been awful for Grand Forks, UND, and the northern region.

Fargo only cares about Fargo, so having all media come out of Fargo predictably was not going to work for UND and Grand Forks.  

Can’t imagine the media and printing presence reverting back to Grand Forks, so stuck with this mess. 

UND football needs to take the next step on 3/20/21 in uprooting the evil giant in Fargo. 

you see that with the local high school sports as well anything north of Fargo you'd get the game still in progress remarks.

1 hour ago, Kab said:

Schloss is a one man show too and has way more hockey news

not blaming Tom but why would they have him drive to a game, not a good use of his time 

UND football is not a forum priority

you should always keep things local no matter what the business is or you are controlled by others 

The two have different job titles.  Unless something has changed, Tom doesn't have the luxury of covering football 24/7, because he's a columnist not a beat writer like Brad.

If schloss is only a beat writer they must have someone paying his wage, not a lot of hockey to cover for 6 months of the year, again not beating on Tom , maybe the herald needs to add more sports reporters like the forum.

‘the forum has way more sports 

15 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

You think after months he'd know the mask doesn't go on the forehead.

No way he'd get away with that inside the Ralph.  Oh wait.......nevermind.

Seriously what the f was he thinking? Is this his woke liberal coming out ? 
Takes awhile to earn respect, but doesn’t take much to completely lose it....... can’t wait for his next article on the traitorous Lam twins......

27 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Takes awhile to earn respect, but doesn’t take much to completely lose it....... can’t wait for his next article on the traitorous Lam twins......

I am 100% certain that he agrees with every move the Biden administration has made....after liking 2000 tweets over the past four years that disparaged the Trump administration. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't you figured it out Forum communications has it structured that Fargo has Bison Football for their market and they want UND  Hockey for Grand Forks and plays well in Fargo and and alot of their other publications.  They never planned on their marketing structure that Bison Football may struggle and UND Football could become one contenders for MVC this throwing monkey wrench in their long term goals. This is sad thing when we have only few media owners in this state we don't get the competition for the consumers who want variety of reports and also coverage of other than Bison Football and UND hockey in the region. I wonder how it was done in the past when we didn't have all tech that has made easier and cheaper to get information but then ownership didn't make these profits and frills for corporate people when  i hear they just take their corporate jet to Frisco to cover the Bison. We need competition but i don't know how its going to happen with how things are structured now and how they control the market.

Printed newspapers are  in trouble.. all over and large and small. Two editorials in the Mpls paper this morning about it. They are talking about a law to allow newspapers to collectively bargain with social media giants.

After the Thursday game, I was looking forward to buying the Herald and reading it over breakfast... nope a Wed. paper. Then in Fargo I stoped at 2 conniviecnce stores wanting to buy papers. Finally someone told me only Wed. and Sat.

I was surprised cities of that size could not support daily papers. But here in Smalltown USA our weekly newspaper has news that is 2 weeks old. Staff is spread between 2 cities....

I just hope we keep our paper!

7 hours ago, ND-fan said:

Haven't you figured it out Forum communications has it structured that Fargo has Bison Football for their market and they want UND  Hockey for Grand Forks and plays well in Fargo and and alot of their other publications.  They never planned on their marketing structure that Bison Football may struggle and UND Football could become one contenders for MVC this throwing monkey wrench in their long term goals. This is sad thing when we have only few media owners in this state we don't get the competition for the consumers who want variety of reports and also coverage of other than Bison Football and UND hockey in the region. I wonder how it was done in the past when we didn't have all tech that has made easier and cheaper to get information but then ownership didn't make these profits and frills for corporate people when  i hear they just take their corporate jet to Frisco to cover the Bison. We need competition but i don't know how its going to happen with how things are structured now and how they control the market.

In all honesty they do Send the crew on the king air to cover the frozen four too. 

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I am 100% certain that he agrees with every move the Biden administration has made....after liking 2000 tweets over the past four years that disparaged the Trump administration. 

Cut the politics.

- Moderators.

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

9 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Over a "headband"? Talk about triggered!

The herald could just pay UND Football 360 to help out with a few articles here and there, or have Schloss help out with some background stories on the players, which he is so good at, or have the fargo football guys write a few UND football articles.  Convert the bison media zone to more of a football media zone, kind of like the rink live that they did with hockey.  The thing that's killing the herald is they don't have any radio presence like the writers in the forum have.  Dom and Kolpack are on the radio every day.  UND radio coverage is just !@#$.  Do we have a local station that talks UND sports ever?  I cant even stream Hennesy's morning show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The herald could just pay UND Football 360 to help out with a few articles here and there, or have Schloss help out with some background stories on the players, which he is so good at, or have the fargo football guys write a few UND football articles.  Convert the bison media zone to more of a football media zone, kind of like the rink live that they did with hockey.  The thing that's killing the herald is they don't have any radio presence like the writers in the forum have.  Dom and Kolpack are on the radio every day.  UND radio coverage is just !@#$.  Do we have a local station that talks UND sports ever?  I cant even stream Hennesy's morning show.

1440 AM in the mornings with Paul Ralston and Tim H.

KNOX-1310 with an occasional plug

KFGO-AM in the Fargo market does a lot of UND stuff, too.

I will just add this, and maybe it has more to do with the Grand Forks Economy thread (which is interesting and sometimes sad).  As a business owner in the Greater GF area, I can name just a few things to utilize to market my business' or support UND or High School Sports or you name it.  Newspaper - GF Herald, special features, season previews, Frozen 4 etc... Radio (UND, HS, just general day parts etc),  Mailers, TV, Midco, Fargo news & sports. Arena signage, The Ralph, Alerus, The Betty. Programs, Booster Clubs and it goes on & on.  We try do what we can and what makes sense for us. And I think, we are like any business owner in the area where we try attach ourselves to maybe some things that go to our hearts, but at the same time, make informed decisions in trying to reach potential customers.  The fact is there are fewer of us in the GF area than the FM area. I did listen to the 1440 conversation this morning with Bubba on my way into work which was about 20 minutes in the 7am hour.  Plus, when I was exercising this morning they did montage at 6 with some of the highlight calls from this past weekends hockey and football, & Bill Chaves & Brad Berry are frequently on. Sather was on last week.  But you are right they don't stream, which has been a tough, because we like to be in AZ a fair bit now, so we miss it when we are away.  So yes, I wish they streamed.  Not sure, why.  I have asked our account executive from that radio group to pass it up the chain (cause we do business with them).  But they have to do what's right for them too as a business, when they do their cost analysis.

But, I also understand in what gets sponsored will get on or published etc...   If we still had DAZ, we would definitely be on that, as we always felt that was not only important for us, but for the community/region.  I can honestly say, we don't utilize the Fargo TV stations regularly because of this.  We have for certain things but not on a regular basis.

Again, I think any business owner around here will tell you they do the best they can, but they just can't do everything.

Basic point of this response being.  I think the issue is a fairly complex one.  Not just black & white.  Why are they not doing it? Could honestly have a variety of answers that are all correct, when it gets right down to it.

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Bingo! thinking out of the box...Kelly does a great job at undfootball360...partner with him...whatever budget the heraldo has for schollss's headbands can go to kelly and his crew..

can't wait for saturday!