SiouxSports.com Forum

How come no game day page in Herald for the top ranked college football team in state

Dagger

Since the Forum bought the Herald, they put UND football in the back seat. I've been complaining about this when the Herald was still a daily. Just going to have prove ourselves through message boards and other media. Go Hawks. 

The classic a few years ago, was when we were going to play an Alabama ? school and the Herald had a picture (from previous year) of the Bizon playing them on top of the Herald sports page. The article about us playing the Alabama ? school just below. No picture of UND. That's when I dropped the Herald after 40 some years. I took a pic of that page and posted it here somewhere.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Since the Forum bought the Herald, they put UND football in the back seat. I've been complaining about this when the Herald was still a daily. Just going to have prove ourselves through message boards and other media. Go Hawks. 

The classic a few years ago, was when we were going to play an Alabama ? school and the Herald had a picture (from previous year) of the Bizon playing them on top of the Herald sports page. The article about us playing the Alabama ? school just below. No picture of UND. That's when I dropped the Herald after 40 some years. I took a pic of that page and posted it here somewhere.

i think it was sam houston state i think

when we beat them saturday...two things

jackson state seems to be espn's new darling so this love affair between ndac and espn will officially be over and...

teh bizons AD will be calling the commish's of the MWC and MAC conferences begging for an invite to go FBS .....

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Wow what a tool bag.......

You think after months he'd know the mask doesn't go on the forehead.

No way he'd get away with that inside the Ralph.  Oh wait.......nevermind.

• Upvote 2

On 3/13/2021 at 7:54 AM, SiouxFan100 said:

Takes a while to earn respect 

Everything being centralized in Fargo has been been awful for Grand Forks, UND, and the northern region.

Fargo only cares about Fargo, so having all media come out of Fargo predictably was not going to work for UND and Grand Forks.  

Can’t imagine the media and printing presence reverting back to Grand Forks, so stuck with this mess. 

UND football needs to take the next step on 3/20/21 in uprooting the evil giant in Fargo. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 3/13/2021 at 7:54 AM, SiouxFan100 said:

Takes a while to earn respect 

This is a lame excuse UND has quickly become a top tier FCS football school, we have beaten ranked teams numerous years, we won the Big Sky, we have made the playoffs more times than 90% of the other teams in the FCS. Of course living in the shadow of SU is something no other school has to face, but guess what that is going to turn around a lot faster than most people thought.  

• Like 1

With digital someone else can step up that has the knowledge to do this and keep it away from a paywall thru the right advertisers 

why give the forum the advertising $

I guess Tom was too busy driving to the game to do this