SiouxSports.com Forum

The Regular Season Finale with..........Omaha.

Wilbur

Thought for sure Kiersted was gonna win in it early in OT he just doesn't miss from there often at all. Just not a lot of sharpness and too often the compete level just didn't seem high enough tonight. Think a performance like this going into the playoffs can kind of snap you into a alright we gotta lock in no shifts off from here on out mode. Not a whole lot of worry from me after this one.

• Upvote 2

Just now, cberkas said:

That effort will be a loss to Miami in the tournament

Played pretty poorly yet still managed to tie the game after being down 2-0 against an Omaha team that had way more need/want in winning. If Omaha lost this game in regulation, definitely could’ve missed NCAA tournament. Especially if they were one and done in NCHC tournament.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Thought for sure Kiersted was gonna win in it early in OT he just doesn't miss from there often at all. Just not a lot of sharpness and too often the compete level just didn't seem high enough tonight. Think a performance like this going into the playoffs can kind of snap you into a alright we gotta lock in no shifts off from here on out mode. Not a whole lot of worry from me after this one.

Yeah, with Pinto being off for two weeks, and leading the league in scoring on the line, I would have thought his name would have been heard a lot more tonight.  Pretty quiet from a few guys. I know it has worked out in the past when we only have three guys killing a penalty, but Senden seems to lose that face off consistently in that situation, and puck possession is critical there.  I don’t think Pinto is a huge liability in that circumstance, or Weatherby for that matter.   Hopefully they don’t find themselves in that situation from here on out, because they need to win the special teams battle the rest of the way.

1 minute ago, LuvHockey said:

So a late game penalty in both last week and this weeks games, appears to have "decided" both. Coach #$&inet blamed refs last week. How about this week?

Yeah I’m guessing Gabinet and MavPuck don’t blame the refs tonight like last week. ;)