SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

12 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Has anyone gotten customization done anywhere other than EPS that will letter current players?

8 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Pretty sure that's against ncaa rules

And yet UND can whip out customized jerseys within 3 minutes of an underclassmen signing an NHL contract...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Pretty sure that's against ncaa rules

I know it is. But I know for a fact other places have done it, not necessarily for UND but another college team, and they were even the company that does that particular teams sets. 

I don’t know if it’s lack of knowledge or they don’t care, but buying a new sweater and having to wait for them to graduate or get a contract is a drag. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Guys like him and jerseys like those drive me nuts. It’s cheap and fake yet people buy the hell out of them and they’ll never go away. 

16 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

How is he able to legally sell Sioux jerseys?  How about all the other knockoffs of pro teams?

2 hours ago, ChrisUND1 said:

How is he able to legally sell Sioux jerseys?  How about all the other knockoffs of pro teams?

The worst part is people actually buy them. These jerseys look so bad but some people don’t care. It’s cheap. It’s close enough for them. But they’re garbage. 

• Upvote 1

So Kelly decided to make custom jerseys that celebrated hip-hop artists and rappers, as well as vintage TV shows, and sell them online, with the idea he’d arrange revenue shares with those whose brands he leveraged.

I'd be curious how much "revenue share" he is actually doing.

Pretty safe bet in the case of the Sioux jerseys, UND isn't getting a cut of his sales because if they were, there is no way they would allow him to be using such a terrible knock-off because it would go against all brand standards. It would also be required to go through a specific manufacturer that has the license to produce the Brien logo (and again, not be terrible), plus at this point in time almost certainly have a Dacotah Legacy patch on it as well. Frankly, whoever has been in charge of protecting UND's IP has been doing a pretty terrible job the last 1-2 years.

Some of the movie ones are interesting, not sure on the creative licensing one can use to sell those but he'd be going against some pretty heavy hitters if they decided he was infringing.

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

If I wa making "millions" by shilling unlicensed counterfeit jerseys.... pretty much the last thing I'd want is an article in Forbes.

Bookmark this, I guarantee the licensing companies will try to make an example out of him, they have to now.

What an idiot.

The NHLPA won't mess around, either.  I'm guessing the UND crap jerseys were bought off some other counterfeiter, because I don't see too many other real player names/numbers on the site.  Doesn't seem like his bread and butter business.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Not classy? What am I missing? 

Maybe the wrong word. Just quite garrish and  over-the-top. Seemed like it was designed as a parody of military appreciation jerseys. A patch on their regular jerseys? Fine. Even a nicely designed specialty jersey would be OK. The waving flag on the bottom of the jersey was out of place, the one in the Broncos logo made it indiscernible,  having the seals of all the branches was unnecessary, and the silhouettes made the whole thing look like a "support our troops" bumper sticker designed in 2003 in MS paint. It's great for them to have a military tribute jersey, but the design is pretty tacky imo.