SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Just now, KoolGuy2K said:

Could they at least make the numbers in the same font as North Dakota? 

The claim last year is they were using up the in-stock inventory of numbering in the equipment room. Must be a lot of inventory. 

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The claim last year is they were using up the in-stock inventory of numbering in the equipment room. Must be a lot of inventory. 

That makes sense then. Can’t blame them for that. Hopefully they’re almost done with them. The small details are driving me crazy. 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

From 1994 - 2001 the jerseys had the geometric logo with "Sioux" above the logo.  From 2001 - 2013 the jerseys had the Brien logo with "Sioux" above the logo.  A new jersey with the Hawk logo and "Hawks" above the logo would follow the tradition of previous jerseys.  I get it, many don't like the logo.  But I still think it would be a better jersey than the current ones.  

Wrong. The geometric logo was not introduced until the 1995-1996 season and it was used till 2001. Before that they used regular CCM jerseys with "NORTH DAKOTA" on the front.

5 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Wrong. The geometric logo was not introduced until the 1995-1996 season and it was used till 2001. Before that they used regular CCM jerseys with "NORTH DAKOTA" on the front.

Those were ugly jerseys. 

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Those were ugly jerseys. 

I own a game used one from that era and I do agree that they were kind of ugly but for as long as I have had it, it has grown on me. I think those ones are better looking than the current ones.

20 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Whatever.  I was one year off.  That wasn't the point of my post.  My point was that they have used a logo and name on their jersey for many years prior.  And for an even longer time before that just a logo.  We can all agree that the "North Dakota" jerseys in the 90's were probably one of the worse jerseys this program has worn.  The current ones are fine, but arguably just a step above the ones from the mid 90's used between the blackhawk and geometric logos.  My opinion is a hockey jersey looks better with a logo than just script.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Whatever.  I was one year off.  That wasn't the point of my post.  My point was that they have used a logo and name on their jersey for many years prior.  And for an even longer time before that just a logo.  We can all agree that the "North Dakota" jerseys in the 90's were probably one of the worse jerseys this program has worn.  The current ones are fine, but arguably just a step above the ones from the mid 90's used between the blackhawk and geometric logos.  My opinion is a hockey jersey looks better with a logo than just script.

Don't say that in front of MafiaMan...

th?id=OIP.igcwpO1_gh20YArf_TQdZwHaGs&pid=Api&P=0&w=185&h=168

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Humboldt said:

This was a funny read. However the complaints they show on Twitter from own fans are tired, old, used up, etc.  

If you don’t like the number on the front don’t buy one. Or if you do, pay the money and get a kit put on. It’s not that hard. Pretty sure they promote that you buy it at the game and it can be done before you leave. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:04 PM, The Sicatoka said:

One more comment: I'm glad they simplified the blacks. 

Basic black is always classy, elegant, and in style. 

IT NEEDS HEM STRIPES!  Not FIVE like last year’s model...three would be perfect.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, Blackheart said:

Don't say that in front of MafiaMan...

th?id=OIP.igcwpO1_gh20YArf_TQdZwHaGs&pid=Api&P=0&w=185&h=168

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

The more I stare at that font...the more I want to gouge my eyes out.

Agreed, but lets take that frustration out on those commie bastards together....

These colors don't run!

'Merica!  F*^k YEAH!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Question for some of you aficionados. Need your opinion. I think I know what I’m going to do but just curious what others think. 

I purchased a team issue 2007-2008 black Nike. Identical to the picture. Has a UND LOA. It’s number 7 but wasn’t game worn just a team issue spare, I can only assume for Oshie. So my question. 

Would you get Oshie put on the back or leave it nameless and still be true to what it is? Keep in mind the lettering on those styles weren’t straight forward and even EPS couldn’t 100% replicate if I remember a semi recent post on here. 

B609CDC7-AD3E-4C94-8A32-1B9366A0D5F9.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Question for some of you aficionados. Need your opinion. I think I know what I’m going to do but just curious what others think. 

I purchased a team issue 2007-2008 black Nike. Identical to the picture. Has a UND LOA. It’s number 7 but wasn’t game worn just a team issue spare, I can only assume for Oshie. So my question. 

Would you get Oshie put on the back or leave it nameless and still be true to what it is? Keep in mind the lettering on those styles weren’t straight forward and even EPS couldn’t 100% replicate if I remember a semi recent post on here. 

B609CDC7-AD3E-4C94-8A32-1B9366A0D5F9.jpeg

It's a team issue. So to me its nothing more than an authentic, I would put whatever name and patch on it that you wanted to. Also, if you were looking to get rid of it, I'd be interested :)