SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Definitely not Sandelin - I believe Herter circa 1990-1991.

I’m leaning towards not Sandelin also, but the seller was positive it is. I don’t see evidence of the “C” being removed. Why do you say no to Sandelin?

1 hour ago, BrandonH61 said:

I’m leaning towards not Sandelin also, but the seller was positive it is. I don’t see evidence of the “C” being removed. Why do you say no to Sandelin?

The WCHA patch.  That was not on the front of the jerseys in the Hrkac era and prior.  Pretty certain I was at UND when that was added.

https://www.prairiebusinessmagazine.com/sports/hockey/4639361-greg-johnson-left-his-mark-und-hockey

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

The WCHA patch.  That was not on the front of the jerseys in the Hrkac era and prior.  Pretty certain I was at UND when that was added.

https://www.prairiebusinessmagazine.com/sports/hockey/4639361-greg-johnson-left-his-mark-und-hockey

Thanks for that info. The jersey has two wcha patches though. Jerseys were recycled a lot back then. Wondering if it has the back wcha patch from the mid 80s and then the front patch was added in the late 80s early 90s?

2 minutes ago, BrandonH61 said:

Thanks for that info. The jersey has two wcha patches though. Jerseys were recycled a lot back then. Wondering if it has the back wcha patch from the mid 80s and then the front patch was added in the late 80s early 90s?

Possibly.  I noticed the WCHA patch on the back too.  Still think that was more Herter vs Sandelin era.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

Bump. Anyone acquired anything lately? Looking to move anything? 

I need some jersey talk in my life again. 

Personally glad I have to wait another year to customize my new, green Adidas with an A and #29. 

.... it will most likely need a "C".

13 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

It’s my own OCD kicking in on the spelling error “gotta be accurate to...” should be “too.”  

Agree with you 100% on jersey accuracy.

If you read the 2 words after "to," he used it correctly (other grammatical issues present of course). "Gotta be accurate to when (the jersey was) purchased."

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If you read the 2 words after "to," he used it correctly (other grammatical issues present of course). "Gotta be accurate to when (the jersey was) purchased."

usGhcZJ.gif

By golly, I think you're right!  Maybe my grammar is slipping due to being "safer at home."

• Upvote 2