SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

3 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Question for some of you aficionados. Need your opinion. I think I know what I’m going to do but just curious what others think. 

I purchased a team issue 2007-2008 black Nike. Identical to the picture. Has a UND LOA. It’s number 7 but wasn’t game worn just a team issue spare, I can only assume for Oshie. So my question. 

Would you get Oshie put on the back or leave it nameless and still be true to what it is? Keep in mind the lettering on those styles weren’t straight forward and even EPS couldn’t 100% replicate if I remember a semi recent post on here. 

First off, Very cool purchase!

My question is did the Nikes size  so small that Oshie would have worn a size 60?  Pretty big jersey :)  

I would agree with @siouxkid12,  Get whatever you want on it.  If you send a couple of 'guide' photos to EPS, they can most likely match anything.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

My question is did the Nikes size  so small that Oshie would have worn a size 60?  Pretty big jersey :)  

I would agree with @siouxkid12,  Get whatever you want on it.  If you send a couple of 'guide' photos to EPS, they can most likely match anything.

Yeah Nike sizing was weird. It fits me like a 52-54 Reebok or CCM. 

1 hour ago, gdutchuk said:

I am looking at purchasing this jersey, seller says it was a game worn jersey. Just wondering if it looks like the real deal. Also what do you think it would be worth if I were to purchase it?

421C11E1-9135-4684-9426-81F1A6953315.jpeg

A0A568B6-FCEC-41C0-8E15-59FC3B8FD826.jpeg

could you take a picture of the sizing tag? Chances are with this specific year it should say L or XL or XXL. I am about 99.9% sure that is an actual game used jersey from the 96-97 year (could also be from 97-98).  prices can very for these but if you can get it under $1500, I'd say buy it.

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Nike Swift jerseys were meant to fit a bit more snug than a regular jersey (due to the material they used, that was just the way they were designed). I am pretty sure EPS did the lettering for these jerseys as they did all the jerseys at the time and I highly doubt that UND would outsource a different company for one jersey. If I recall the issue with EPS at the time was the spacing between the letters in the name. One year they had more spacing between the letters and in the following years they had the letters closer together. If you get specific (send pictures) with EPS, I am pretty positive they can get it done correctly for you.

2 hours ago, gdutchuk said:

I am looking at purchasing this jersey, seller says it was a game worn jersey. Just wondering if it looks like the real deal. Also what do you think it would be worth if I were to purchase it?

421C11E1-9135-4684-9426-81F1A6953315.jpeg

A0A568B6-FCEC-41C0-8E15-59FC3B8FD826.jpeg

Found this image of Jason Ulmer,  Should be 99-00 season with the "A"

ulmer.png

1 hour ago, siouxkid12 said:

could you take a picture of the sizing tag? Chances are with this specific year it should say L or XL or XXL. I am about 99.9% sure that is an actual game used jersey from the 96-97 year (could also be from 97-98).  prices can very for these but if you can get it under $1500, I'd say buy it.

Weren’t all of the “WCHA”s embroidered? That one clearly has a patch. 

And the logo looks suspiciously small. 

2 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

$1500 is way too high for this non-Frozen four patched jersey. A few more pics would help determine authenticity though. Looks nice but I’m on the fence. Any marks or wear on it?

46 minutes ago, Kloyis said:

Weren’t all of the “WCHA”s embroidered? That one clearly has a patch. 

And the logo looks suspiciously small. 

UND was Gemini’s 1st jersey ever made and they first started in 95-96, so a lot of times their earlier jerseys look different. The WCHA logo was never embroidered the first few years, a lot of times it was just heat pressed on.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Langster019 said:

Question for some of you aficionados. Need your opinion. I think I know what I’m going to do but just curious what others think. 

I purchased a team issue 2007-2008 black Nike. Identical to the picture. Has a UND LOA. It’s number 7 but wasn’t game worn just a team issue spare, I can only assume for Oshie. So my question. 

Would you get Oshie put on the back or leave it nameless and still be true to what it is? Keep in mind the lettering on those styles weren’t straight forward and even EPS couldn’t 100% replicate if I remember a semi recent post on here. 

B609CDC7-AD3E-4C94-8A32-1B9366A0D5F9.jpeg

Pretty sure I have pics of the Oshie’s gameworn swifts. So you could do the spaced apart letters they did or the tighter letters one. I don’t think EPS would have any issues replicating it.

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2019 at 2:52 PM, siouxkid12 said:

Size L 

E89660F8-0105-4966-A5E7-1E27912C523D.jpeg

13 hours ago, gdutchuk said:

Size L 

E89660F8-0105-4966-A5E7-1E27912C523D.jpeg

I cant see where it says large ( I am assuming its on the tag that is folded up). In the early versions of Gemini jerseys they used a regular tag like you would find on a shirt and in the later ones they were a little tag sewn to the big Gemini logo on the right side next to the S in "USA"

On 8/16/2019 at 7:35 AM, siouxkid12 said:

I cant see where it says large ( I am assuming its on the tag that is folded up). In the early versions of Gemini jerseys they used a regular tag like you would find on a shirt and in the later ones they were a little tag sewn to the big Gemini logo on the right side next to the S in "USA"

41373282-C3BB-4F7A-B929-9BE0CE4495A3.jpeg

3 hours ago, BLY said:

Another question about fake jerseys. Found on Ebay, seller claims authentic, but no WCHA logo? Head logo also seems too small but not sure. I mainly ask because I don't think I've seen a counterfeit like these on the Alibaba/Aliexpress sites.

Looks like a replica but not authentic. Maybe they meant authentic to the era. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have a green reebok replica from 2011 (WCHA patch on tail of jersey instead of chest). It's a size XL and in flawless condition. I wear size medium so I don't wear this jersey. If anyone either has a kelly green medium from his era or is looking for an XL Sioux jersey, please let me know. Thank you. 

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.ce70925dca182d1d98669595413ae860.JPG

2 hours ago, MuggsyGobes said:

I have a green reebok replica from 2011 (WCHA patch on tail of jersey instead of chest). It's a size XL and in flawless condition. I wear size medium so I don't wear this jersey. If anyone either has a kelly green medium from his era or is looking for an XL Sioux jersey, please let me know. Thank you. 

IMG_2266.thumb.JPG.ce70925dca182d1d98669595413ae860.JPG

Sent you a message