SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

On 3/5/2020 at 7:46 PM, BrandonH61 said:

Picked up this game worn jersey this week. Trying to pinpoint the years it was used. Anyone have pics from the 80s and early 90s? Would be Sandelin, Herter, Fossand, and Bear. Thanks in advance.

DB8BF050-F817-484E-A84E-8501D618A6A2.jpeg

5CDF3BFC-3CA2-482E-B514-F07D42015F93.jpeg

That's from the 1990-91 season.  100% certain.   The front WCHA patch was added that year.  The following year (91-92) the sleeve stripes were moved up closer to the numbers, but only on the green jerseys.    

Picked up a few on the Engelstad auction with aim to frame a jersey with every logo/every decade-ish.  Got a lot of vintage memorabilia to go with it.  But really want a white nike dazzle that I can have EPS fashion into a Toews.  Let me know if you have an extra for sale---my wife says I over pay, and might also have a gemini geo or two if a trade could help get the deal done!!!!!!!!!  Also happy to take any old, vintage memorabilia (pins, patches, etc) off your hands.

Go Sioux.  

All.jpeg

First.jpeg

Second.jpeg

• Like 3

Sure they were in use during Bjorkman's dark ages, are ugly and would't sell to the public, but I'm amazed I haven't seen a single  mid 70s edition floating around somewhere.  Like ever.  The forgotten jersey.  That would be an incredible addition to any collection.          

1975.jpg.9f635cb8012c0d6576b3278b94c30fc1.jpg

7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

Sure they were in use during Bjorkman's dark ages, are ugly and would't sell to the public, but I'm amazed I haven't seen a single  mid 70s edition floating around somewhere.  Like ever.  The forgotten jersey.  That would be an incredible addition to any collection.          

1975.jpg.9f635cb8012c0d6576b3278b94c30fc1.jpg

That’s awesome. I actually have seen 1 of those but had no idea when it was from.

E1468C0F-E4D4-4B85-B75B-CDB950B13D43.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNDlaw80 said:

That's from the 1990-91 season.  100% certain.   The front WCHA patch was added that year.  The following year (91-92) the sleeve stripes were moved up closer to the numbers, but only on the green jerseys.    

I’ve been thinking both Herter and Bear. Tough to confirm or deny the striping comment you make on these pictures.

9600D810-7A93-4E1F-BC03-C5F70549ED8E.jpeg

EDBA1721-930F-42BF-9ABC-96507F6BA007.jpeg

On 4/3/2020 at 8:08 AM, Langster019 said:

Bump. Anyone acquired anything lately? Looking to move anything? 

I need some jersey talk in my life again. 

Personally glad I have to wait another year to customize my new, green Adidas with an A and #29. 

Game worn jerseys I'm looking to move:

Zach Jones, Zach Yon, Christian Wolanin, Gage Ausmus, Jordan Schmaltz, Gavin Hain, Massimo Rizzo

12 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Once again, 

a feiendly reminder that there is a TON of fake UND sports memorabilia out there.

Someone just pointed out a fake Toews signed jersey sold on a popular Sioux facebook group. The certification is forged it appears.

Please beware as I hate to see fellow Sioux fans being scammed. Looks like a repeat offender selling it.

20200408_122553.jpg

20200408_122537.jpg

Dang... did you comment on fb?

19 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

nope he would just ban deletebthe post. The group admin is the poster who has been selling the fakes.

i have 4 profiles on the group, i may post to see how fast its deleted, id message the buyer if i knew who it was.

Don't say siouxstudent 3 times or....

timburton.0.0.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

nope he would just ban deletebthe post. The group admin is the poster who has been selling the fakes.

i have 4 profiles on the group, i may post to see how fast its deleted, id message the buyer if i knew who it was.

I figured as much.

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yikes

6 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

So, this popped up in my Facebook Memories today.  This was the view 5 years ago for everyone walking out past the Bobby Orr statue in Boston:

11096516_10205364952515276_235462242008821100_n.jpg

Boston was such a fun town for the Frozen Four. My second favorite after Tampa. Great walking city to see lots of history. The lobster rolls were flippin’ awesome. Hope the Sox are in town next time I’m there.

On 4/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Have you actually talked with him privately about the items?   Or do you just effectively call him a liar on other forums?   Everything I have gotten from him has been as represented and legit.  

Looks like JSA might be a bit behind in updating their database.  Got the response almost immediately from JSA on this.

screenshot.png

On 4/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Is that what this site devolved into, slander without hearing from the other side.  Just because you think you know everything about everything.  I think you should take down your statements and apologize.  Bragging about how many profiles you troll with is not a good look.  The market is flooded with Chinese crap and fakes yes.  But do some responsible investigating before you trash people, especially when you are doing behind their back.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, franchise said:

No, it was the following:

• Big A HG
  • Players
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Golf, collecting hockey jerseys
  • Favorite Team(s):North Dakota Fighting Sioux
  • Favorite Player(s):Jonathan Toews, Travis Zajac, Doug Smail
  • Favorite Jersey(s):Game-worn Robbie Bina Frozen Four Nike Swift

I know this isn't really NHL related, but I thought I'd share with you my new website here instead of the ghost town college section: http://sioux-jersey.com

Basically, the short story is that I wanted to create an online Encyclopedia of all the details and nuances of every North Dakota Fighting Sioux jersey ever worn. It's going to be a lot of work, but I thought I'd make it interesting by doing a blog piece for every new Encyclopedia entry. I just "launched" my site with Sioux fans earlier today with the posting of my first Encyclopedia entry, a 1995-2001 road Sioux jersey. Check out the blog for a good read on the jersey and era it was worn, and/or check out the Encyclopedia page for more jersey-specific details. I am also going to have a "Collect" section that chronicles each game-worn jersey out there (unrealistic goal, but I want as many as possible). Hopefully it becomes a little learning and trading center on the web for Sioux jerseys.

I also have a Buy/Sell section which I have posted a Matt Greene (former Sioux) game-worn Oilers jersey for a decent price.

If you want immediate updates, follow the site on Twitter @SiouxJersey.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear your thoughts. The site is still going through a ton of changes as I've had it running for less than a week, but made good enough progress to share.

Just now, SiouxForever said:

No, it was the following:

• Big A HG
  • Players
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:Golf, collecting hockey jerseys
  • Favorite Team(s):North Dakota Fighting Sioux
  • Favorite Player(s):Jonathan Toews, Travis Zajac, Doug Smail
  • Favorite Jersey(s):Game-worn Robbie Bina Frozen Four Nike Swift

I know this isn't really NHL related, but I thought I'd share with you my new website here instead of the ghost town college section: http://sioux-jersey.com

Basically, the short story is that I wanted to create an online Encyclopedia of all the details and nuances of every North Dakota Fighting Sioux jersey ever worn. It's going to be a lot of work, but I thought I'd make it interesting by doing a blog piece for every new Encyclopedia entry. I just "launched" my site with Sioux fans earlier today with the posting of my first Encyclopedia entry, a 1995-2001 road Sioux jersey. Check out the blog for a good read on the jersey and era it was worn, and/or check out the Encyclopedia page for more jersey-specific details. I am also going to have a "Collect" section that chronicles each game-worn jersey out there (unrealistic goal, but I want as many as possible). Hopefully it becomes a little learning and trading center on the web for Sioux jerseys.

I also have a Buy/Sell section which I have posted a Matt Greene (former Sioux) game-worn Oilers jersey for a decent price.

If you want immediate updates, follow the site on Twitter @SiouxJersey.

Thanks for looking, and if you have any comments or suggestions, I'd like to hear your thoughts. The site is still going through a ton of changes as I've had it running for less than a week, but made good enough progress to share.

Why did sioux-jersey.com shut down? It was awesome! Let's go fund me the guy and get it back up! 

2 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Why did sioux-jersey.com shut down? It was awesome! Let's go fund me the guy and get it back up! 

From my understanding the guy who ran it (good guy by the way) just got busy with stuff. His handle on here is Big A HG, not sure if he visits SS that much anymore.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

From my understanding the guy who ran it (good guy by the way) just got busy with stuff. His handle on here is Big A HG, not sure if he visits SS that much anymore.

Yeah. He said it got to be too much. He talked about bringing it back but said he lost all content that was on it, so he’d have to start from scratch.