SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

20 hours ago, Cratter said:

Time for UND to introduce a whole new alternative outfit including helmets and gloves. 

The new special occasion blacks if you will. 

Let the players design it. Bust them out for frozen four games.

a steel Grey (gray?) set would be cool to see, football uniforms with that color are pretty cool and pop with the Kelly green

1 hour ago, sethhag said:

a steel Grey (gray?) set would be cool to see, football uniforms with that color are pretty cool and pop with the Kelly green

54bae51502ecc.image.jpg

Penn State busted these out in I believe 2015 - the kelly green would certainly pop more than that dark blue of PSU does.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

Those are their best jerseys, just need to fix the stripes that don't complete on the jersey.

Those were from a few years ago - the 2019 set has PENN STATE diagonally across the ront - no stripes on the front or the back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MafiaMan said:

Those were from a few years ago - the 2019 set has PENN STATE diagonally across the ront - no stripes on the front or the back. 

UND needs to come out with jerseys with Hawks diagonally in front with a small number on the front.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

UND needs to come out with jerseys with Hawks diagonally in front with a small number on the front.  

Only if they mimic the retro ones. So many teams try to replicate that style and the only team I have good thoughts on, in my opinion, are the NY Rangers. 

not that it’s bad, just so many seem to whiff. Whether it’s the font or sizing idk I just am not a huge fan of that 

The fanatic types of fans that travel like crazy is not the crowd to take kindly to a new "Hawks" jersey.... 

There may be a time for that, Nashville isnt it. Will push acceptence back considerably. Bot a argyment or debate on the name/logo or issues well discussed in the other forumns. Just the truth, doesnt matter what side of it your opinion lies on, its just not the avenue to advance any campaign. 

#1Rule: Know your audience.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Eek, I just can't do grey hockey jerseys. They look like dirty white jerseys to me. 

I'm so confused why the football program is using gray. It doesn't even look good. Well to me at least. It's not a school color so why use it? Maybe an alternate one with pink lol

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

If people dropping thousands of dollars to go to a destination game have their experience ruined by the team unveiling a new jersey and send them running to a safe space because it has a bird logo or word on it, I think that says a hell of a lot more about them than anything else.

Frankly, I think it would be a perfect time to drop a new jersey. 

Fighting Sioux Forever Snowflakes

32 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

As previously written, I enjoyed my experience in Mankato at the Friday night game, but it was unfortunate to watch some of the pro-Sioux mob shout down anyone yelling “Hawks” in a cheer.  

I love wearing my Sioux jerseys around just as much as the next fan, but it’s not the nickname anymore.  The colors are still green, white, and black and we even have cool era-specific banners in the rafters.  That’s enough for me at this point in time.

Sad. 

Having been to three games this season, all on the road, I heard at every game opposing fans yelling “you aren’t the Sioux anymore!” Was one of those “funny because it’s true moments”

And same. Will rep the Sioux but some take it too far, even 5+ years down the road. 

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

The fanatic types of fans that travel like crazy is not the crowd to take kindly to a new "Hawks" jersey.... 

There may be a time for that, Nashville isnt it. Will push acceptence back considerably. Bot a argyment or debate on the name/logo or issues well discussed in the other forumns. Just the truth, doesnt matter what side of it your opinion lies on, its just not the avenue to advance any campaign. 

What exactly do you mean that they wouldn't "take kindly"? Are they going to run back to their hotel room in horror? Are they going to let a jersey ruin their entire trip and prevent them from any enjoyment?

It is amusing how the "rules" on how the athletic department should be able to market the actual nickname and official logo of the University continue to change just so a certain subset of the fan base don't get their feelings hurt. At some point, they need to rip the band-aid off and people are going to have to just deal with it. They can wear or yell whatever they want, but other fan bases have a point:  “You aren’t the Sioux anymore”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Well thats not true.....

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So we're doing this in the jersey thread now?  Cue the pitchforks and torches...

th?id=OIP.ctRbC63zBP4Ni_0lQTxHDQHaDB&pid=Api&P=0&w=453&h=186

Yeah... one comment and the triggered Hawkzis show up in force .. furiously flocking to the keyboards and usernames to defend their superior opinion and tell everyone else how wrong they are.

• Upvote 3

There is a significant amount of money being left on the table. Give me a throwback jersey like the diagonal SIOUX that says HAWKS with as minimal postage logo as possible (or even missing it). 

I’m really surprised that cool vintage look stuff like this hasn’t been showing up in small quantities in the back corners of the siouxshop to test the waters. 

If only someone knew how to get quality sweaters made 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dakotaKid92 said:

There is a significant amount of money being left on the table. Give me a throwback jersey like the diagonal SIOUX that says HAWKS with as minimal postage logo as possible (or even missing it). 

I’m really surprised that cool vintage look stuff like this hasn’t been showing up in small quantities in the back corners of the siouxshop to test the waters. 

If only someone knew how to get quality sweaters made 

It almost seems as if there may be some driving force behind the team not adopting some jerseys that would say Hawks diagonally. I think someone would win the jackpot if they could just figure out what it is...

11 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Yeah... one comment and the triggered Hawkzis show up in force .. furiously flocking to the keyboards and usernames to defend their superior opinion and tell everyone else how wrong they are.

Yikes!  One comment about a vintage style HAWKS jersey similar to the 1950’s diagonal SIOUX jersey being introduced in 2020 makes me a part of the supposed Antifa-like “triggered Hawkzis” crowd?  Is there such a group?  

The mere mention of putting the Hawk logo on the front of a current jersey riles up the “Sioux Forever” crowd so much that you’d think it was a proposal to blow up the Hrkac and Duncan Hobey Baker trophies!  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Yikes!  One comment about a vintage style HAWKS jersey similar to the 1950’s diagonal SIOUX jersey being introduced in 2020 makes me a part of the supposed Antifa-like “triggered Hawkzis” crowd?  Is there such a group?  

The mere mention of putting the Hawk logo on the front of a current jersey riles up the “Sioux Forever” crowd so much that you’d think it was a proposal to blow up the Hrkac and Duncan Hobey Baker trophies!  

Crazy isn’t it, need to make a safe space for those people.