SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

20 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Aren't the name plates and numbers done in-house by the equipment man?

Might they have had numbers and letters left (that meet minimum NCAA size requirements) in the equipment shop that they are going to burn through on the new sweaters. 

I'm guessing the jersey comes from Adidas/CCM/Reebok as shown in the picture and is modified in-house. 

Name plates and number are done by EPS still. This is why a roster and what number they get is done early in the summer so Pat Swanson can get all that information off to them. They also send in "extra" jersey just in case they bring someone in mid season or in case a player switches numbers.

On 2017. 8. 18. at 6:41 AM, UNDBIZ said:

"The pigeon patch."  I kind of like it.  New name for the student section?

That's how it starts, a cutesy nickname here and stupid logo there. Before you know it we'll have dumbass running around in Hawk costume taking pictures with 3-year-olds and reinforcing the anthropomorphic animal tropes that are helping to turn kids today into vegan pussies. No, you got your pound of flesh with the generic nickname and the PC the postal hawk logo, which some intern as SME most likely finished 2 hours before the presentation. So keep the cutesy !@#$ out of it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

8 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

That's how it starts, a cutesy nickname here and stupid logo there. Before you know it we'll have dumbass running around in Hawk costume taking pictures with 3-year-olds and reinforcing the anthropomorphic animal tropes that are helping to turn kids today into vegan pussies. No, you got your pound of flesh with the generic nickname and the PC the postal hawk logo, which some intern as SME most likely finished 2 hours before the presentation. So keep the cutesy !@#$ out of it.

It was sarcasm.  But yeah, I'd hate for the children at the game to have a fun time.  Let's all just sit there and think about how our Precious was stolen from us.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It was sarcasm.  But yeah, I'd hate for the children at the game to have a fun time.  Let's all just sit there and think about how our Precious was stolen from us.

So instead of a hawk we could have one of these running around taking pictures with 3 year olds ... :)

gollum2-440x292-c.png

8 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

What's wrong with mascots? Its in high schools, colleges, pro sports. Its a way for little kids whom may not understand the games to have a good time, meet a new buddy and get their picture taken. My kids love Hawkeye, the FM Redhawks mascot, they run down and get his autograph and picture taken, and they are far from being a "vegan pussy" like you say they will turn into. Just because you don't like the name and logo doesn't mean everyone else can't enjoy it without being name called. So throw away the cereal someone crapped in, and enjoy your day. Go Fighting Hawks!!

24 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

ArchyAlum11 has a point.

"The pigeon patch."     That is pretty weak. Not good for the U, something a Troll would put on the end of an arrow and shoot at us.

6 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

ArchyAlum11 has a point.

"The pigeon patch."     That is pretty weak. Not good for the U, something a Troll would put on the end of an arrow and shoot at us.

36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

just threw a hawks sticker on my old UND college lacrosse helmet to see what the logo looks like on a black helmet. i think it really pops IMO,  i think the hockey/football teams are missing out by not putting this on a black helmet.

20170822_144827-01.jpeg

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, sethhag said:

just threw a hawks sticker on my old UND college lacrosse helmet to see what the logo looks like on a black helmet. i think it really pops IMO,  i think the hockey/football teams are missing out by not putting this on a black helmet.

20170822_144827-01.jpeg

Did you wrestle a greased pig before doing this? That arm is as filthy as a Brock Boesser one-timer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sethhag said:

20170822_144827-01.jpeg

22 minutes ago, chicofelipe said:

Did you wrestle a greased pig before doing this? That arm is as filthy as a Brock Boesser one-timer.

Ohmygod...that was hilarious!  Nicely done...I'm pretty sure everyone around me is wondering what the hell was going on as I busted out laughing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, darell1976 said:

What's wrong with mascots? Its in high schools, colleges, pro sports. Its a way for little kids whom may not understand the games to have a good time, meet a new buddy and get their picture taken. My kids love Hawkeye, the FM Redhawks mascot, they run down and get his autograph and picture taken, and they are far from being a "vegan pussy" like you say they will turn into. Just because you don't like the name and logo doesn't mean everyone else can't enjoy it without being name called. So throw away the cereal someone crapped in, and enjoy your day. Go Fighting Hawks!!

Unicotn poop.jpg

3 hours ago, chicofelipe said:

not too sure on that, currently washing arms and hands every hour on the hour just to be sure tho

• Like 1