SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

If it comes down to something like this I would actually prefer the 1993-94 era jerseys. Not the best, but I see it as the lesser of two evils.

So you are willing to root for a team that has "North Dakota" as their name rather than the "Fighting Sioux"? I don't see how that could be acceptable to you based off of all of your previous posts.

• Upvote 1

If you guys want, I can do different style mockups. It's something I've been thinking about doing for fun on my website (sioux-jersey.com). I can take former ideas from the past and combine them with the current jersey style, or do something completely new. It'd be a "Concepts" page if you will.

UND has used a few different styles in their history that had no depiction of, or anything relating to, "Fighting Sioux". From a jersey standpoint, I love anything that relates to Sioux because of the great logo history the team has had (especially our current logo), but a jersey can look good without anything Sioux related as well.

One idea I'd be curious to try is the old script style "North Dakota" wordmark on a jersey of today. Maybe I'll tinker.... :)

I get the smirk and like the idea but I don't think they would go for it if they couldn't sell jerseys and merchandise with the seal on it.....

"The North Dakota Great Seal is the state's only symbol that is protected by state law (Section 54-02-01 of the North Dakota Century Code). It cannot be reproduced or modified in any manner for use in any commercial applications. For more information regarding its use, contact the office of the North Dakota Secretary of State."

I say the best bet is to honor our proud And thankless public servants who protect our roads every day......

http://www.nd.gov/ndhp/

;)

I get the smirk and like the idea but I don't think they would go for it if they couldn't sell jerseys and merchandise with the seal on it.....

"The North Dakota Great Seal is the state's only symbol that is protected by state law (Section 54-02-01 of the North Dakota Century Code). It cannot be reproduced or modified in any manner for use in any commercial applications. For more information regarding its use, contact the office of the North Dakota Secretary of State."

I say the best bet is to honor our proud And thankless public servants who protect our roads every day......

http://www.nd.gov/ndhp/

;)

Don't use the Great Seal, use the UND school seal (which is based on but is not the Great Seal). :)

I'm thinking using "Red Tomahawk" (the guy on the NDHP doors) on the jerseys wouldn't pass muster with the NCAA.

Faison says the hockey team will wear Sioux jerseys until February when replacement jerseys are expected to arrive.

The hockey team “will continue to wear Fighting Sioux jerseys until February,” he said, but he declined to describe the replacement jerseys in detail.

“They will certainly have ‘North Dakota’ on them,” he said, and the interlocking ND has been on the jerseys for some time.

“We’ll be at the tail end of our season then, and we’ll make the switch when we’ve got the new ones. And we have to have them for NCAA post-season play.”

http://www.grandfork...ticle/id/221627

Does anyone know if the Sioux Shop has any Green Authentics in stock? I can't remember seeing any when I was in GF a month ago. I'm going to be in town this coming weekend for the CC game and would like to buy myself a birthday gift. :lol:

Does anyone know if the Sioux Shop has any Green Authentics in stock? I can't remember seeing any when I was in GF a month ago. I'm going to be in town this coming weekend for the CC game and would like to buy myself a birthday gift. :lol:

Have you checked their website? I was on there a few days ago, and IIRC, they still had authentics in stock.

I get the smirk and like the idea but I don't think they would go for it if they couldn't sell jerseys and merchandise with the seal on it..... "The North Dakota Great Seal is the state's only symbol that is protected by state law (Section 54-02-01 of the North Dakota Century Code). It cannot be reproduced or modified in any manner for use in any commercial applications. For more information regarding its use, contact the office of the North Dakota Secretary of State." I say the best bet is to honor our proud And thankless public servants who protect our roads every day...... http://www.nd.gov/ndhp/ ;)

I have seen the seal on several different forms of UND merchandise at the bookstores and online (clothes, playing cards, drinking glasses, diploma mats, etc...). I'm not sure it would be a state issue for the seal to appear on the jersey, the Native American imagery within the seal may raise red flags with the NCAA and overly sensitive nickname opponents.

• 4 weeks later...

If you guys want, I can do different style mockups. It's something I've been thinking about doing for fun on my website (sioux-jersey.com). I can take former ideas from the past and combine them with the current jersey style, or do something completely new. It'd be a "Concepts" page if you will.

UND has used a few different styles in their history that had no depiction of, or anything relating to, "Fighting Sioux". From a jersey standpoint, I love anything that relates to Sioux because of the great logo history the team has had (especially our current logo), but a jersey can look good without anything Sioux related as well.

One idea I'd be curious to try is the old script style "North Dakota" wordmark on a jersey of today. Maybe I'll tinker.... :)

I'd be curious to see a round circular logo with the interlocking nd in the center that said university of north dakota around the outside. The rest of jersey would stay as is

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note, I brought my 87 Blackhawk Sioux jersey into DayDreams here in Grand Forks, never again. They are fairly cheap but they do not pay attention to directions (I brought pictures for them to look at) and once it is on they can't fix it because it gets heat pressed on. I am thoroughly disappointed in them and the fact that my jersey did not turn out like I was told!