SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Anyone know if the Fargo Scheel's is still selling the authentics for $200? I got 2 out of the 3 Reebok's for Christmas, now just need to pick up the last one. :D

Also, debating on a Matt Greene game-worn NHL jersey for a nice price...oh the dilemma. :)

As of a couple days ago they were. The guy told me through Christmas for sure.

I know this has been asked before but where is the best place to have a name and number of a former player sewn onto an authentic jersey (new style). Also, where is the best place to have a jersey framed? Fargo or Grand Forks, doesn't matter where.

The Sioux Shop at The Ralph can have a name and number sewn onto a jersey for you. However, it's not done in house. They send it off somewhere. If I remember correctly, I was quoted $50-$60 including shipping.

• 3 weeks later...

So, use of the logo/sales end on June 30th, right?

I want to have jersey customized through the Sioux Shop with the name and number of a current player, but that can't be done until he graduates per NCAA rules. Does anyone know if the Sioux Shop will also have to stop customization of jersey's once they aren't allowed to sell merchandise with the Sioux logo?

So, use of the logo/sales end on June 30th, right?

I want to have jersey customized through the Sioux Shop with the name and number of a current player, but that can't be done until he graduates per NCAA rules. Does anyone know if the Sioux Shop will also have to stop customization of jersey's once they aren't allowed to sell merchandise with the Sioux logo?

The date that was always talked about was June 30th, but I've seen some conflicting stories that they might be allowed to sell out whatever product they have left at that time. As far as customization goes, they won't be able to sell the logo after whatever the date ends up being, so they wouldn't be able to customize anything that includes that logo.

The date that was always talked about was June 30th, but I've seen some conflicting stories that they might be allowed to sell out whatever product they have left at that time. As far as customization goes, they won't be able to sell the logo after whatever the date ends up being, so they wouldn't be able to customize anything that includes that logo.

cool thanks. I guess I just need to get this jersey in to them come graduation time to be safe; that should be plenty of time to get the jersey finished even if it does end up being june 30. actually, do I need to wait for graduation or could I send it once the season is over?

cool thanks. I guess I just need to get this jersey in to them come graduation time to be safe; that should be plenty of time to get the jersey finished even if it does end up being june 30. actually, do I need to wait for graduation or could I send it once the season is over?

You would have to ask at the Sioux Shop, but I would think that a player's eligibility would end either when he signed a pro contract or at the end of his senior season.

• 3 weeks later...

When I wanted to get my jersey customized, the sioux shop simply gave me the name and number of the place that does it for them and I could get whatever I wanted on it. Some place north of minneapolis... In rush city or wyoming or someplace like that... It was a couple years ago.

Has anybody every put together some type of pictorial history of Fighting Sioux Jerseys?

Since finding my old ones and picking up the new ones ive set out on a maniacal quest to collect every Jersy style they have used since I was born in '78

Im not looking for gamers, cant afford that route, but mostly K1 Replicas and I will be picking up a few AZSIOUX beauties as well,maybe even put one together from custom build shops.

Anyway it would be awesome if there was some pictoral history, from just sights on the internet i put together a year by year power point for myself, wouldnt post it because it is mostly of pics of private collections.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Has anybody every put together some type of pictorial history of Fighting Sioux Jerseys?

Since finding my old ones and picking up the new ones ive set out on a maniacal quest to collect every Jersy style they have used since I was born in '78

Im not looking for gamers, cant afford that route, but mostly K1 Replicas and I will be picking up a few AZSIOUX beauties as well,maybe even put one together from custom build shops.

Anyway it would be awesome if there was some pictoral history, from just sights on the internet i put together a year by year power point for myself, wouldnt post it because it is mostly of pics of private collections.

Tim

AZSIOUX has the best information on Sioux jerseys. I did see another site that had pictures, but I don't remember where it was.

Tim

I have catologued nearly all Sioux jerseys, the only ones I'm missing time periods from are the football jersey era for the most part. In terms of everything since roughly 1950, I have high-res logos from each (including arm-patches and primary crest logos or script), documented time periods for each logo, graphical representations of each, materials used, etc...

In my avatar to the left, it shows every green Sioux jersey worn from 1958-2009, in chronological order (made each one by hand, including some of the logos). It gets confusing in some of the 50s era jerseys because, for example, they'd use "x" home jersey for 6-8 years or so, but change the away jersey during that same time period. So, when they changed a home or away sweater style, they didn't necessarily change both home and road.

The information AZSioux has for his current retros I spent hours documenting to confirm as much as possible...but, the best part is, there's still more to know...which continues to make it fun and interesting.

I have catologued nearly all Sioux jerseys, the only ones I'm missing time periods from are the football jersey era for the most part. In terms of everything since roughly 1950, I have high-res logos from each (including arm-patches and primary crest logos or script), documented time periods for each logo, graphical representations of each, materials used, etc...

In my avatar to the left, it shows every green Sioux jersey worn from 1958-2009, in chronological order (made each one by hand, including some of the logos). It gets confusing in some of the 50s era jerseys because, for example, they'd use "x" home jersey for 6-8 years or so, but change the away jersey during that same time period. So, when they changed a home or away sweater style, they didn't necessarily change both home and road.

The information AZSioux has for his current retros I spent hours documenting to confirm as much as possible...but, the best part is, there's still more to know...which continues to make it fun and interesting.

You sir would be a very interesting individual to sit down and have a cold one with.

It would be awesome some day to see some type of presentation of the info you have compiled, very cool.

I saw that picture you had posted of all those jerseys laid out on the floor and quite honestly that picture combined with my find of all my old jerseys in a box led to my goal of collecting all the Sioux jerseys since I've been alive, 1978.

No way I can afford all authentics or gamers but replicas will suit my quest, so far I've got very one back to the start of the geometric logo and now I'm either looking for, trying to make, or going to purchase from AZSIOUX. The rest.

In your avatar you have a logo of the circular crest with th interlocking und logo, when was that used?

Thanks for the advice and info.

Tim

That one was worn 74-78. It is an identical jersey style to the one preceding it, the only difference being the crest logo (71-74 was a Blackhawk-esque logo, 74-78 being the ND logo). There was also a home version of the same style jersey worn during the same time period. I could never find any pics or records that better showed the logo, but what I have shown is pretty darn close. It says University above the ND logo and North Dakota below, but I could never see if there was the word "of" anywhere, so left it out since I never saw it included. That particular jersey is one of the hardest to find evidence of.

Another strange fact about the "ND" logo jersey is that they used a Blackhawk-esque logo on their jerseys before and after the time period when they wore these ND ones, so I'm guessing there was some sort of logo dispute going on at the time. I never did any research on that particular subject, but it might be worth digging up.

Lastly, on the home white version, I've only come across a couple different black and white photos of it, one being a team photo, the other showing a player wearing it in a game from behind (no front logo shot). Being that the photo quality was poor and that they were in black and white, I've had to do a bit of deciphering in the sleeve stripe colors. It appeared to me that the middle of the three sleeve stripes was always darker, so I'm pretty sure (almost 100%, but not quite) that it was black. Any help on that is appreciated.

That one was worn 74-78. It is an identical jersey style to the one preceding it, the only difference being the crest logo (71-74 was a Blackhawk-esque logo, 74-78 being the ND logo). There was also a home version of the same style jersey worn during the same time period. I could never find any pics or records that better showed the logo, but what I have shown is pretty darn close. It says University above the ND logo and North Dakota below, but I could never see if there was the word "of" anywhere, so left it out since I never saw it included. That particular jersey is one of the hardest to find evidence of.

Another strange fact about the "ND" logo jersey is that they used a Blackhawk-esque logo on their jerseys before and after the time period when they wore these ND ones, so I'm guessing there was some sort of logo dispute going on at the time. I never did any research on that particular subject, but it might be worth digging up.

Lastly, on the home white version, I've only come across a couple different black and white photos of it, one being a team photo, the other showing a player wearing it in a game from behind (no front logo shot). Being that the photo quality was poor and that they were in black and white, I've had to do a bit of deciphering in the sleeve stripe colors. It appeared to me that the middle of the three sleeve stripes was always darker, so I'm pretty sure (almost 100%, but not quite) that it was black. Any help on that is appreciated.

i know you and AZSIOUX have the most knowledge about sioux jerseys but i was wondering if either of you guys could help me out on this one? i currently have a calender that shows President Reagan at the University on October 17th, 1986 holding up a sioux hockey jersey with the blackhawk logo in the middle with north on top and dakota on the bottom. has this jersey ever been worn on the ice before?

i know you and AZSIOUX have the most knowledge about sioux jerseys but i was wondering if either of you guys could help me out on this one? i currently have a calender that shows President Reagan at the University on October 17th, 1986 holding up a sioux hockey jersey with the blackhawk logo in the middle with north on top and dakota on the bottom. has this jersey ever been worn on the ice before?

No, unless it was undocumented and worn for a special game, but considering it isn't much different than the jerseys worn during that time period, I don't have any reason to believe it would have been a special one-game type jersey or an alternate. It was just a replica style jersey that was sold at the time that they decided to use for the occasion I do believe.

just a quick question, sorry if this has already been asked. On the new Reebok Authentic, has anyone washed theirs ? if so, how did it work out, what setting ?

Thanks for any help

Two of my three still have tags, and the other I've only worn once, so no, I haven't washed it. If I ever did wash them, I'd probably do it on a cold cycle and air dry it, or just have it dry-cleaned. I'm too lazy to look at the tag on the jersey, but I'd see what it says on that first.

Two of my three still have tags, and the other I've only worn once, so no, I haven't washed it. If I ever did wash them, I'd probably do it on a cold cycle and air dry it, or just have it dry-cleaned. I'm too lazy to look at the tag on the jersey, but I'd see what it says on that first.

I have only dry-cleaned my blackhawk style jersey...thanks to my brother spilling salsa on it! :(

No, unless it was undocumented and worn for a special game, but considering it isn't much different than the jerseys worn during that time period, I don't have any reason to believe it would have been a special one-game type jersey or an alternate. It was just a replica style jersey that was sold at the time that they decided to use for the occasion I do believe.

I was sitting about twenty five feet away when Reagan was presented with that jersey. I asked the secret service guy sitting next to me if he though Reagan would ever wear it. I got no response. :lol: Come to think of it, I pretty sure it was that guy sitting next to me was the same guy in the Matrix movie.

• 3 weeks later...