SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #1: I guess we are playing CC.

Wilbur

5 minutes ago, bcblues said:

"The wave at the coaches and officials"

Yeah, when I played it was often a one-fingered wave.

But this game seemed to be well officiated, as most are.

Clean, fast moving game.  Not our greatest performance but 3 points is 3 points. 

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I think this is a CC feed issue, not necessarily NCHC.TV's fault, but since we are paying for it, it is their responsibility to get it working properly. I emailed them again complaining,and I think you all should to. Maybe it will make a difference.

email address:

nchctv@sidearmsports.com

Thanks, I did email them. 

4 minutes ago, bcblues said:

I think this is a CC feed issue, not necessarily NCHC.TV's fault, but since we are paying for it, it is their responsibility to get it working properly. I emailed them again complaining,and I think you all should to. Maybe it will make a difference.

email address:

nchctv@sidearmsports.com

If it was a CC issue wouldn’t the Midco feed have also been impacted since they are pulling from the same broadcast. I say server side bandwidth issue. 

Good win. They didn't look all that sharp, but you'll take road wins any way you can get them. Wanted to point out Caulfield / Blaisdell. Really liked that 4th line in general with Jamernik. Caulfield looked off in the bubble, but yesterday he looked how I think everyone expected him to this year. 

With St. Cloud streaking, UND has to keep up and win tonight. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

How do Epic Pass resorts handle tickets and parking this year? I'm just touring since my local resort allows uphill.

Epic Pass mountains (Vail Resorts) currently have a reservation system which is a pain. When they announced this I thought the mountains would be less busy, but this weekend Keystone was packed so I am not really sure what a reservation system is accomplishing. Parking depends on what mountain you go to, Keystone has some free options that are decent but at a place like Vail the only free option is to park along the frontage road north of I 70 and then ride a bus. 

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Good win. They didn't look all that sharp, but you'll take road wins any way you can get them. Wanted to point out Caulfield / Blaisdell. Really liked that 4th line in general with Jamernik. Caulfield looked off in the bubble, but yesterday he looked how I think everyone expected him to this year. 

With St. Cloud streaking, UND has to keep up and win tonight. 

I liked the move bringing in Jamernik, especially since he can play center.  Now you can have Senden-Weatherby-Hain play together with two centers on that line, and not have Weatherby or Senden on the fourth line for the sake of having someone who can play center.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, crb1 said:

If it was a CC issue wouldn’t the Midco feed have also been impacted since they are pulling from the same broadcast. I say server side bandwidth issue. 

Lots of links in the chain from the camera to your monitor, and lots of players. 

The problem could be anywhere from the building side to the sender to the receiver to the rebroadcasters to the final viewers. The closer the problem is to the actual game ice the more viewers it affects. (That's how you know).

If everyone has same problem, it's close to the gamesite.
If just one person has a problem, reboot your modem. :D

Although Sunday's win was nice and all, there are a lot of things that need to be cleaned up in order to face some of the tougher opponents coming up:

1) Stay out of the penalty box. Especially stupid technical and stick penalties. This will eat us alive against good opponents.

2) No stupid cross-ice passes in the D-zone that can get picked off by the opponent.

3) Scheel played really well, but he still makes me nervous coming so far out of the crease after the puck, especially when he just flips it out to nobody in particular. Also, he gives up so many rebounds. That will eventually cost goals.

4) We need production from our goal scorers.

5) Passing at times is absolutely stellar, and at other times, head-scratchingly aggravating. Clean it up and be consistently good.

As always, just my two cents worth.

The Sioux need to dig out their old goalie tether for Scheel.  He narrowly avoided giving up a cheap one last night after trying to clear the puck from the corner.  Luckily CC couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat or that game may have taken a different turn.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bcblues said:

email address:

nchctv@sidearmsports.com

From Sidearm this AM:

I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and understand how frustrating this can be. The internet was lost at the arena during the third period of the game. They have been working non stop to fix the issue and it should be up and running for the game tonight. Please contact us with any further questions or concerns and I thank you in advance for your patience.

Thank you again,

Dan Wallace
Manager of Streaming Services
SIDEARM Sports
109 S. Warren St., Suite 600 | Syracuse, NY 13202

4 minutes ago, Fader said:

The internet was lost at the arena during the third period of the game.

The closer to the ice the more people affected. 

No internet at the arena (to get the broadcast out) is about as close to the ice as you can get. 

26 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

The Sioux need to dig out their old goalie tether for Scheel.  He narrowly avoided giving up a cheap one last night after trying to clear the puck from the corner.  Luckily CC couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat or that game may have taken a different turn.

Scheel was very lucky that he didn't end up getting an assist for a CC goal! 

• Upvote 1