SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Recruiting

UND Fan

This is a very good class that is coming in that, when added to this freshman class, is beginning to build another core. 

These two will address many of the weaknesses that the current squad has.  More shooting and athleticism.

Now lets get them on campus and see what they can do.  

6 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’ve been following this guy for a while, I want him. He’s got a teammate BJ Freeman that I wouldn’t mind too. This tells me Igbaunago is going to be honored on Saturday and moving on after the year. 

good....time for ethan to move on...let's get this guy

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

Is this our best choice ? A senior from a bad division 2 school ?  I'm having serious doubts now that Sather knows how to recruit a division 1 player 

I don’t know if it’s the best option but I see the logic behind it. He looks to be a scorer that has played plenty of college basketball (granted not at the D1 level) that can be paired with the young guys coming in and returning. I think the open scholarships will all be filled by older guys. 

1 hour ago, NewUndFan said:

Is this our best choice ? A senior from a bad division 2 school ?  I'm having serious doubts now that Sather knows how to recruit a division 1 player 

I get that UMary is bad but I would venture a guess and say 30% of d2 players can play d1 ball without a doubt. The top 1/4 of d2 teams would come into the Betty and roll this years UND team. There are just so many good players out there and not enough d1 roster spots for all of them.

I LOVE the idea of getting a couple 21-22 year old good D2 players in. Much more than HS or JUCO at this point.

26 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don’t know if it’s the best option but I see the logic behind it. He looks to be a scorer that has played plenty of college basketball (granted not at the D1 level) that can be paired with the young guys coming in and returning. I think the open scholarships will all be filled by older guys. 

Bellarmine University just won the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament in their second year of Division 1. They are not eligible for the NCAA Tournament until 2024 I believe.

They had a pretty good regular season as well. Their top 9 players are made up of  1 D1 transfer, 3 players who could be considered D1 recruits and 5 players(including their top 4 scorers) were all recruited as D2 players.

6 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Bellarmine University just won the Atlantic Sun Conference Tournament in their second year of Division 1. They are not eligible for the NCAA Tournament until 2024 I believe.

They had a pretty good regular season as well. Their top 9 players are made up of  1 D1 transfer, 3 players who could be considered D1 recruits and 5 players(including their top 4 scorers) were all recruited as D2 players.

That GLVC conference is nasty. Bellarmine finished 5th their last year in d2 and is immediately winning championships in d1.

Don’t be surprised when Southern Indiana is an immediate contender in the OVC next year after leaving that same conference. Especially with Murray St and Belmont departing.

Western Illinois’ Will Carius, went to a D3, then a D2, and has been one of the Summit League’s most formidable scorers in the league the last two seasons.  Quite frankly just evaluating a player from just the previous level they have played has proved to be a futile exercise in recent years. There were 3 players on St Thomas this year that would have been very good Summit League players had they been playing in this league the last 3 years rather than St Thomas.

11 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Sounds like UND has offered the guard that transferred out of U Mary. 

6'3" 215# guard.  Looks like he also holds an offer from D1 Charleston Southern.  Scored 42 points against NSIC regular season champs UMD in the playoffs.